A Portrait of Harby, Leicestershire

There are so many pretty and attractive places dotted not far from the county of Nottinghamshire's perimeter. I'm a big fan of many of these little places around the Vale of Belvoir which is such a convenient distance for a day out. Little Harby is just such one of those places.

A Portrait of Harby. Leicestershire

065301_5b10b96d.jpg

your wright stu another lovely area went last year to visit an old bike friend lives not far from the resivour but off the beaten track found his village after a couple of wrong turnings then it took us ages to find his bungalow lots of funny little lanes and turns and the only person we could see to ask did not live in the small village but was doing some gardning for someone and did not knowthe village very well so could not help usbut we came across a couple of new villages and rds we had not done before perhaps if the weather eventually clears up we can go and see him again and sit in his lovely garden in the middle of no were and watch the birds againand the ponies over the hedge.

not the first time we been out this way but not this particular way a bit of an adventure.

You and Piggy get around a bit Babs - good for you!

Been to Harby a time or two but I wrote the above after a half day walking along the Grantham Canal nearby and coming off the tow path for a bit of an explore. Liked what I saw, as I do with nearly everywhere I've been in that little part of the world. Lovely area.