I recall mushy peas at the Central Market.

For the connoisseur, Batchelors marrowfat dried peas, with two steeping tablets, make the finest mushy peas there are.

My wife, who is Russian, had never tasted, or even heard, of mushy peas with mint sauce. She tried them at the Christmas market and loved them. She took a box of Batchelors back to Russia with her when she visited her mother a week ago.

Previous exports to Russia include the potato fritter. Just a slice of potato in batter, finest Nottingham style. Also the yorkshire pudding. She thought I was mad the first time I cooked them in Russia.

For the connoisseur, Batchelors marrowfat dried peas, with two steeping tablets, make the finest mushy peas there are.

That left visions of blokes snoring their heads off with mushy peas dribbling down their vests until I realised the word was STEEPING :biggrin:

You should be in the government dep't for British exports to the world, look at the expenses you could fiddle sorry get.

You would at least get a crack at some foreign crumpet and a few games of golf with Andy the royal waste of space. :angry2: