Whale swims under Trent Bridge...

Am I alone in being somewhat nauseated by the London TV Mafia – purporting to be the ‘national’ media - blanket coverage of this eventually sad, but highly unimportant, event?

As we have the pleasure of not residing within the wretched M25 stockade, at least we would be spared similar media hype if such a creature passed beneath Trent Bridge, en route to the challenging Beeston Weir – except, perhaps, from our very own pair of abysmal local TV stations.

Having read numerous excited postings yesterday from Thames towpath onlookers into several newsgroups, I responded - upon its inevitable death - to suggest that whilst they were wallowing in the fun (of the whale wallowing in the mud) some 1,200 children world-wide had starved to death during the time span of this crazy saga....

As you might imagine, my plea for them, and especially the TV folk, to ‘get real’ produced several dismissive/rude replies from our Cockney kin folk.

Cheers

Robt P.

I did see a porpoise in Sawley cut the other day.

However being more interested in gathering data for our new up and coming

forum 'Elvis Sightings' I did not think to take a photograph!

mick2me Posted on Jan 22 2006, 05:48 PM

I did see a porpoise in Sawley cut the other day.

;) You've been sniffing the chip fat again mick....LOL.

If you are feeling a bit flush, you might like to bid on the watering can used

to water the whale!

EBAY - London UK Thames Whale Watering Can. Wally Willy BDMLR

Its up to...

Current bid: £126,000.00

Time left: 6 days 22 hours

10-day listing, Ends 01-Feb-06 17:49:14 GMT

Start time: 22-Jan-06 17:49:14 GMT

History: 184 bids (£0.01 starting bid)

High bidder: rachel6096 ( 11)

Item location: Leigh on Sea, Essex

United Kingdom

Post to: Worldwide

Postage costs: £5.00 -- Royal Mail 1st Class Standard

;) It's not the money it's the motovation behind them to pay that sort of money for a red plastic watering can just because the money raised is going to a charity. Do they think it's an investment if so i've got a real bargain. Went to Wilkos and bought a Green Watering can exactley the same design, i only paid 75 pence for it and mine came with a rose at no extra cost, bargain or what! Maybe i ought to put it on eBay aswell and say it's the one that would have been used if the red one was found to be faulty. Who know's i might have just found a way to make a fortune from all those suckers on eBay.. :tease: