Had a ten tons trailer load of mixed pooh and peat dross delivered today. It has made a hell of a mess of the garden path, with ruts up to a foot deep in places but it will be worth it in the long run:

IMG_6793.JPG?gl=GB

IMG_6797.JPG?gl=GB

IMG_6799.JPG?gl=GB

IMG_6801.JPG?gl=GB

• Upvote 1

Remember when I lived in the Nursery Estate off Southview road Carltonin the late 70's, a mate across the road was a truck driver.

I mentioned I wanted some top soil for the back garden, he said he had a mate who worked out of sugar beet and could get me some washed soil (what was washed off the beets before processing) if I wanted a load.

Anyway I said yes that'll be great.

Got home next night and had a 40' artic trailer full, dropped on the road and driveway outside my house ! Took me and two neighbours with wheel barrows till nearly midnight to shift it !

Had to go around the street asking if anyone wanted any as I just didn't have anywhere else to put it Lol!

What a nightmare !

• Upvote 1

My local farmer beds his cattle on a mixture of Peat and straw over winter. It makes a great soil improver and furthermore - it's free :D