Hello all,not sure if this is the right place to post this but here goes, I am a Sam Smiths drinker and am working my way round his "empire" and am also trying to find old pubs he had. I came across a memoir that mentions Taddy ales were building pubs round the area in the 50s,Cherry tree at Calverton,Squinting cat at Clipstone,Blue tit at Ollerton and lots more.

Any info on these and any more that you may have memories of much appreciated,what happened to them,when built,still standing etc etc

Many thanks BB.

Welcome to you, Bitterboy.

Not sure about Samuel Smth pubs in the locality but I know one can quaff a decent pint of draught Sam Smiths bitter or organic lager in The Woodlark at Lambley!

We've maybe seen each other in The Woodlark. Not been in much in the past few weeks but I've been a regular there for many a year.

I used to often go in The Robin on a Friday night when Tony ran it. Loved it then but like you not impressed with it these days. It was rumoured in the village recently that it may turn into a bistro but the latest owners have scotched that notion.

I'm looking forward to The Nags reopening and hoping upon hope that it just might be a pub again. I've enjoyed using all three pubs in Lambley a lot over the years.

Hi Stu,

You will most certainly have seen me in the Robin of a Friday night. Until Tony left it was every Friday night with the wife and every Sunday dinner with my mate.

I don't get down the village as much as I used to or for that matter should do these days, but when summer arrives ha ha I shall spend some dinner times down the Woody with the good lady.

Colin