JUST COME HOME FROM THE FLOWER FESTIVAL AT HOLINGSCLOUGH CHAPLE NEAR LONGNOR STAFFS WE HAVE BEEN EVERY YEAR FOR THE LAST 22 YEARS ALWAYS THE BEST ONE I HAVE SEEN IN THE PEAK DISTRIC ONLY TO DISCOVER THIS YEARS WILL BE THE LAST ONE CELERBRATING 25 YEARS THIS YEAR . ALSO MONYASH WELL DRESSINGS TOO AND ONLY A FEW MILES APART SO IF ANYONE LOOKING FOR SOME WERE TO GO THE NEXT FEW DAYS I CAN RECOMEND IT THEY HAVE A CHAPLE HALL THAT SELL REFRESHMENTS TOO MUG OF COFFEE AND A PIECE OF HOME MADE CAKE ONLY A COUPLE OF QUID THEY ALSO DO A SMALL SELECTION OF COBS OR SANDWICHES TOO VERY RESONABLEOR YOU CAN TAKE A PICKNIC WITH YOUSOME NICE WALKS ROUND THE AREA TOOFOR YOU WALKERS OUT THEREBUT NO DIRECT BUS ROUTE TO THE VILLAGE NEAREST ONE I THINK IS LONGNOR BUT THEY NOT VERY FREQUIENT . SO HARD TO GET TOO WITHOUT YOUR OWN TRANSPORT ITS ABOUT 2 MILES FROM LONGNOR.AND ABOUT 8 MILES FROM MONYASH.

FORGOT TO SAY CHAPPLE AND HALL OPEN TILL NEXT SUNDAY 2ND JUNE FROM 12 TILL 6 PM DAILY.

We have been to the well dressing and the the flower festival in the peak district a few times Babs and we thoroughly enjoyed it,i never knew there were things like that,the people put so much effort into it,and the displays are amazing.

See that "Micheal Hutchinson outdoor pursuits centre" in Holinsclough ? I helped build that.

It belongs to The Wheldon School (Frank Wheldon Comp or Cavo to give it the names known by us mere mortals) I must be one of the only kids of my generation to have never stayed there!!

We spent years fund raising and converting it to what you see there today. Unfortunately every working party I ever went on was there and back in a day , mostly the others went at weekends ans stopped overnight.

YES THATS RIGHT BEEFY STILL THERE WE HAVE STAYED IN IT A FEW TIMES TOO MY NIECES TRACY AND KERRY WILSON WENT TO WELDON TRACY WILL BE 50 NEXT YEAR AND KERRY A BIT YOUNGERTHINK SHE 47 NOWMY SISTERAND BROTHER INLAW HELPED WITH THE PAINTING WHEN IT WAS BEING CONVERTED FROM THE OLD SCHOOLLOOKING A BIT DELAPIDATED NOW THOUGH SHAM THOUGH COUSE ITS A GREAT PLACE TO STAY AND WHEN WE FIRST WENT ONLY ABOUT 3 POUNDS PER PERSON PER NIGHT LAST TIME WE STAYED WAS ABOUT A TENNER EACH PER NIGHT BUT STILL GOOD VALUE USED TO BE ABOUT 20 PLUS OF US THINK IT SLEPT 32 12 IN THE 2 BIG DORMS BOYS DOWNSTAIRS GIRLS UPSTAIRS AND TO STAFF ROOMS SLEEPING 4 IN EACHWHEN WE FIRST WENT HOME MADE WOODEN BUNK BEDS PROBERLY WHAT YOU HELPED MAKE BEEFY NOE GOT MODERN METAL BUNKSAND GOOD MATRESSES THE ONES ON THE WOODEN BEDS CHEAP FOAM ONES MADE BEDS VERY HARD.