For once, the Evening Post - despite their new simplistic tabloid look - have come up with something interesting, albeit slightly gruesome.

This is Nottstalgia material, and I remember quite a few of these first time round.

http://www.nottinghampost.com/Help-catch-killers-16-unsolved-murders-Notts/story-19761509-detail/story.html

Quite a bit of extra information re "The Pretty Windows Murder" in there too.

Very interesting (In a morbid sort of way)

My mum says she remembers the murder by lambley field. They used to tell us as kids he was beheaded and they still haven't found his head to scare us & stop us wandering too far!

& am I the only one who's heard the rumours about Brodie being murdered by a gang who I shall not name then fed to some pigs? If it's true, that'll be why he hasn't been found....

That's quite a list of unsolved, whilst looking down them I expected to see a case about a hitch hiker, young girl in her early twenties I believe, I understood a Sutton in Ashfield lad was questioned according to his brothers wife.

That aside, I am surprised they have time to chase up these old cases, one police force recently confessed to investigating only 40% of current crimes because of work load, and nearer to home, I asked the local force to get me details of a driver who damaged my vehicle whilst I was in it last June. They were given Reg No. Make & Colour, a simple routine task I would have thought. Chasing it up a few weeks ago, I was told it was on the to do list.