This is the back of the new block. The door led out of the Art room (JB Simons).

THis was a way for sneaking out of the school at dinner to the Meadow Boys Club to play Pool/Snooker, just by the left corner shown. (I never was quite sure about that caretaker, I can see his face now)

LHS of the door was Art room, RHS was Metalwork (Marciniak), The RHS of the building was Science Room, 'Cyril' Chalkley ('Trousers').

The upstairs class rooms I can't remember? Girls?

Image courtesy Tony Paine

post-8-1139771780.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Miss Bailey was upstairs,little fat woman with cropped hair,she always made me wash off my eye shadow!! she was the Art teacher for the girls & Mrs Parfrement the cookery teacher,I used to love that cooking class it was such a skive & we always got to take home what we had cooked however bad it was. The boys used to jump us on the way home & nick our rock cakes out of our cookery baskets,I only made it home with a couple by the time they had finished.Can't recall who else was up there.

• 2 years later...

When i was down the Meadows i lived next door to a caretaker from Trent Bridge school. His name was Ken Wright and he used to ride a Raleigh moped. Does that sound familiar Mick?