Which numb nut came up with the idea of switching off the engine when waiting at traffic lights. Three bloody times this week I've been stuck because some gullible twot couldn't restart their car. Stockhill Lane / Nuttall Rd junction, David Lane / Vernon Rd level crossing and Toton Lane / Swiney Way. Three busy junctions. Totally irresponsible.

Some cars are made that way now ...... including my husband's, which is almost 3 years old. When you take your foot off the accelerator and put foot on brake pedal at traffic lights the engine cuts out and starts up again when you take your foot off the brake.

I think these three were older cars driven by simpletons thinking they were saving the planet. One old guy I helped push out of the way said it was good for the environment . So's euthanasia said I

• Upvote 2

That puts a lot of wear on an engine, that's why big rig drivers like to keep their engines running after starting them up...Most wear to an engine is at starting.