Australia's on fire again

"A 1991 Gallup poll found that about 5% of American scientists (including those with training outside biology) identified themselves as creationists." (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Level_of_support_for_evolution)

So do you all believe in creationism then? 5% of scientists believe it compared to just 3% against Global Warming.

Come on guys - smell the coffee.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Same problem down here in Victoria, bazza (#2). The burn-offs are either restricted or the smokies are too frightened to do preventative burn-offs due to a few getting out of control and leaving the

Forest fires are a natural feature in Oz and have always happened, either caused by man or by dry lightning strikes..I recall country fire departments dreaded lightning storms during summer, so climat

These people are cranks?????? You have got to be joking surely?? A hint of what the upcoming report contains: “I am a skeptic…Global warming has become a new religion.” - Nobel Prize Winner for

May I ask who is feeble minded because they buy and read books???? As an electrician that served my time in the 60's, I had to purchase books for my studies at Tech, over the years I've spent umpteen hundred dollars on text books to keep me updated with new technology and electronics, does that make me educated or feeble minded because I bought text books written by experts in those fields????

I've also an extensive history library, plus many theological books in my home library, does that also make me feeble minded??

I also have an extensive wood working book library, small engine text books, computer books, software books...

Again, everyone but you has posted links, articles graphs to back their arguments up...Where are yours??????

It's the WHOLE of the scientific community.

45% of Americans believe that God created the Earth and Man in his present form in the last 10,000 years.

FORTY FIVE PERCENT of the population. Do you believe in creationism? Why ever not? You have the ability (sadly not unique) to believe the 3% of climate scientists who disagree with climate change.

You post childish looking maps like they are some kind of 'fact'.

3%!!! Show your 'evidence' to the scientists - they are the ones that need it. They are the 97% that (apparently) have missed your junior school maps. Get a grip folks - you aren't following science, you are in the grip of conspiracy theory.

Don't like it when some one has ago back then. Belittling people is not your sole domain in fact I can be quite good at it.

I have refrained up till now but no longer shall you be the only poster to throw around words like crackpot, gullible, silly or any of the other remarks you have made.

You show a vast lack of general knowledge and a complete lack of an enquiring mind.

Your mind is closed to everything but to the one and sole track you have set it on, as you stated "they are all wrong".

Yes I can well understand you chuckling because you have that sort of mentality.

Blindly following 3% of the scientific establishment because you think it's clever to do so. It's not.

It's not clever at all. In fact it's rather worrying. Do you believe in alien abduction? Why not? 2% of American's have been abducted.

It's the lunatic fringe mate, every topic or subject has one.

Yes I can well understand you chuckling.

Your sources for 97% and 3% Bilboro lad....

Now a good deal of sources I've read will go along with global warming and cooling in cycles, but the majority won't go along with man made global warming, nor that we are still in a warming cycle...Crap!! Even NASA has stated we haven't had a rise in average world temperature in ten years.

And the last world conference of climatologists in their report back to the UN requested they drop all funding promoting global warming, most stated they don't believe the argument anymore...

When I was an active radio amateur, I used to look up the daily figures for the sun, sun spot numbers, solar flux index etc, they gave me some indications of how the ham bands would be.

I noted something, when we had an "active sun" ie SME, flares to you, the bigger the flare led to nasty weather down here on earth... It was almost possible to predict tornadoes! When we had X5 class flares, you could almost guarantee we would be in for some nasty weather within 48 hours.

The sun has been very quiet this sunspot cycle, and down here on earth it's been the quietest hurricane season in almost 100 years, quietest tornado season in many decades..

I find it odd that you are the only person that has realised this. Why aren't you contacting the universities and telling them the secret? I read somewhere that they have looked and looked at solar activity but can find no link whatsoever. Why are the 97% so stupid if the answer is so simple? Are all scientists that dim - or just climate change scientists?

How do YOU know they haven't????? Sources please...

All, solar mass ejections have been know to cause geomagnetic storms on earth, so I would presume someone or two, maybe hundreds or thousands of scientists have noted the same observations I have....

I did read that the quiet hurricane season and the quiet tornado season has been attributed to the sun having a rest....So there you have it, THEY already knew what I noted...

Why do you think that some people question what's being said by the scientists.

Its because they have been proven wrong so many times before, that's why I say neither side has won the argument because neither side has proof.

They are at this time all theories and that all they are and therefore subject to question.

But that's how science works. Someone comes up with a theory that either holds up or it doesn't. That theory is challenged and altered according to investigation by thousands of trained people. At the moment 97% of them are in favour of man made climate change. If new evidence comes up then the theory will change. It's an on-going thing, it's not a one off statement unless it becomes a scientific law. At this point in time the scientific community are very much in favour of man ,made climate change. It's not my opinion, it's just where we are at this time. If the level falls from 97% to 55% then obviously I would be more sceptical. It's not good making up your mind that you don't believe it and then attempting to find some rather dubious map or graph to prove the point. Making a decision without proof or evidence is faith. We have faith that God created the earth in 6 days, but that';s not science is it?

I recall when I was at Tech, the argument flaring in academic circles about does current flow from positive to negative, or vice versa??? Well we were taught pos to neg in DC circuits...Well several times during my apprenticeship, it was changed a few times, until someone said ENOUGH...

Now it's called conventional theory, pos to neg, even though the electron flow if neg to pos, at least that's what scientists think...

NOW, this gets worse in electronic theory!

Take that humble valve, or as the rest of the world call them, vacuum tubes, current flows one way through them, and electrons flow the other way through them...

Don't believe me???? Read "thermionic emission" theory...Scientists are wacky people, they even tried to get is believe holes flow through solid materials, check out semi conductor theory and how the transistor works...

WHERE do you keep pulling 97% from???? SOURCES!!!!