My dad worked at the ROF, was there when a lone fighter bomber ventilated the roof of one of the machine shops and dropped a single bomb which he said "showered the air raid shelter with mud" He took the day off after the "Nottingham Blitz" (it was his birthday) and went into town for a drink and site seeing, was on Arkwright St when a (assumed) delayed action bomb went off destroying I think the Boot's office block on Station Street. He later was sent to the ROF in Newport Wales and spent the whole of one sunday night in the cellars of Templemead Railway Station Bristol having crossed the Severn as pubs in Wales shut on Sunday, Still have a letter somewhere that he sent home saying the blitz that night was really bad whole streets destroyed and armed troops patrolling to prevent looting, Just remembered, think that same plane that raided the ROF also shot up part of the meadows and Lister Gate

Not there Michael but he was at Sutton then Birmingham. I will dig out his ID card and photos if I can find them amongst the crap in the loft.