Congrats Melissa, Would that be Robins Wood Rd? Used to be EMREB at one time.

As to job interviews as others have said back in to 60s and 70s it was a lot easier than today, an interview in the plumbing trade consisted of the gaffer checking your tool bag. House building was going at such a pace there weren't enough tradesmen to go around. All the firms were paying over the odds and if you got fed up with where you were you got your cards at 4pm Friday, picked up that nights evening post, made a phone call and got a start at 8am Monday.

I think the fact it was much easier to sack someone back then made a big difference, you take someone on and if they failed to come up to scratch you just binned em.

• Upvote 2

Cliff Ton, re: post #23, thanks for the photos. The middle photo, top row, was the one i worked on for more than a year, then IBM brought in their lovely modern machines with a full keyboard. Luxury.

• Upvote 1

Congrats Melissa, Would that be Robins Wood Rd? Used to be EMREB at one time.

As to job interviews as others have said back in to 60s and 70s it was a lot easier than today, an interview in the plumbing trade consisted of the gaffer checking your tool bag. House building was going at such a pace there weren't enough tradesmen to go around. All the firms were paying over the odds and if you got fed up with where you were you got your cards at 4pm Friday, picked up that nights evening post, made a phone call and got a start at 8am Monday.

I think the fact it was much easier to sack someone back then made a big difference, you take someone on and if they failed to come up to scratch you just binned em.

Thank you :) and yep. Robins Wood Road. Think its EMFEC now :)