You're right there Mick, the The Plough is a lovely place - a real local like what they used to be. Be warned though, the beer is always in great condition (I suspect it's piped in straight from the brewery) and is very more-ish, and It's quite a stagger back to the nearest bus stop (Ilkeston Rd). It's not a place to drive to and have "just the one" - it deserves more respect than that! The rooms aren't anywhere near as big as The Roebuck, so if you go mob-handed you may find the regulars a little put out. But well worth a visit for a session with a small group. In the winter, there's usually a roaring fire in the "lounge" and the landlady sometimes puts out free nibbles/pork pies etc. Like I said, a real local. Back in the '70s, The Marquis of Lorne, The White Horse, The Old Rose and The Plough made a nice pub crawl and also played host to many a thirsty Raleigh worker on their way home.

I adore the Plough and often (well, almost always) visit the place when I'm in Nottingham. it remains a proper old style Nottingham pub. They havent even taken down the off sales hatch!

The brewery staff usually congregate after work and they love beer. Talking about it, drinking it, making it! Wonderful friendly guys, but they go a bit quiet if you say you prefer Fosters to anything they produce. I dont I'm a real ale fan. The Legend is superb, and the landlady, Mel, wont bat an eyelid if you ask for a Black and Tan.

• Upvote 2