My brother-in-law who's lived in Victoria, BC since 1968 does wear brown socks with sandals!!!! Horror! No matter how much we rib him and tell him how 'uncool' he is, he just doesn't care, he cannot be embarrassed into dressing properly. That's why I married the younger brother who DOES know how to dress. My brother-in-law always wears a TIE with his socks and sandals though Benjamin1945! However, I don't honestly think that Canadians have style. We have several family members who emigrated there in the 60's and they are sooooo old-fashioned.

Tell me about it!

I think we are now realising what our parents and other relatives used to tell us or say was true:-

'Don't wish your life away - it will go quick enough one day', and

'It was only yesterday that it was Christmas/Easter/Birthday etc...where does the time go these days?'

Remember when the summer school holidays seemed to go on forever?

As I noticed when I was there a couple of years ago, if you long for how the UK was twenty years ago, visit Canada.

Most Canucks I know are scared of modern technology like online banking, having a choice of mobile networks, programmes like Skype, and even buying beer from anywhere not state-controlled.

;)