Pictures Of Trent Bridge School

I keep meaning to go over with my digi to get some detail pictures of the old school. Has anyone got any to post?

I wonder if there is any chance of getting inside to take some?

Hello Mick,

I have a heap of pics of Trent Bridge School, they were taken when I was there on holiday. I asked the headmistress at the time if i could have a look inside & she said she couldn't let just anyone walk round the school!!! I told her I was an old student & visiting from Australia but it didn't wash :( well not with her anyway. I spoke to the caretaker & he took pity on me & said to come back tomorrow & I could have a look around,well I did just that. The place hadn't changed a bit except it was much smaller than I remember of course, the cloakrooms & the hooks were where we used to hang our plimmo bags & the headmasters office & so on. I will sort them out & post them , or if you prefer I can send them to you & you can add which you think is of most interest?

I have a very funny story from Trent Bridge. when we visited in 2000, it was winter & we were having a look at the buildings, the new block & so on, & we went over to what were the tennis courts, well............the security guards were on duty presumably patrolling? anyway what I thought was hysterical was the two guys were using a Robin Reliant as their vehicle,& to make matters worse they were sharing something in a vacuum flask, you really had to be there but it was very funny at the time.

Best wishes

Caz

• 1 month later...

Mick,

Have found many old TB school pictures etc however unable to attach them.

Is there a simplistic way of doing this.

I attached many of them all right to FR with no problems. I must be doing something wrong.

Hope every one in Snotts and those that subscribe from elswhere are well.

Kind reagrds

Tony

G'day Tony :)

Pleased to see you found us. Can't wait to see all your pics. Do you have any of the class who would have left in 1970 boys or girls? I went to Nottm last year & met up with some people who we went to school with & none of them had any school pics at all.We came to the conclusion our parents were either too poor to buy them, or we were off doing something we shouldnt have been doing ;)

Cazza

Mick & Cazza,

Thank you for the replies. Firstly Mick. I'm not in any way computerate literate.

I can send the photographs etc to whatever you like. But still dont understand how to load them on your site.

Carole,

I don't have any pics of 1970.

I was at Tb from 1959 to 1964 inclusive but still have some photographs a few years either end.I have a couple of old speech day programmes which I will also put on the site.

I am really surprised that more people do not have photographs.

I am in touch albeit ad hoc with the brothers of my old school friend Arthur Clarke.

Arthur had two brothers that went to Tb.Mick who sadly died in 1963 and Rob who probably left about 1969. I have seen pics from that era. Will try and find out.

Where do you actually live?. Was out there myself 2 years ago. I had two uncles in Sydney. One was an old friend of Joe Currah. Do you remember him ?. French and RI. Mr Currah lived at Retford and was a lay preacher. My Uncle used to have a book stall on the old Central market

Kind regards

Tony

Any pictures will be much appreciated by myself and visitors to the site.

Can you scan them Tony. Or we will have to get them scanned and return them.

I have scanner boxed up as a christmas present for our girl.

I was in one class at TB with Rob. I can't remember if he Stopped on

for 5th year (68) or left in 67? :huh:

Class Of 66, 3m1, Where are you all? YOU CAN SEE HIM HERE top row 4th from right.

Jo Currah I remember well. :D

Hello Tony :D

I don't remember Joe Currah myself i'm too young!! :P but I have heard of him through this site.

We live in North East Victoria, about 4 hours from Melbourne. Lovely area, we get heaps of snow in the winter & contrary to popular belief it does get very hot here in summer! The good thing about living here in Bright is the cool mornings & nights, so much easier to sleep,where as Perth where I lived for 8 yrs it was very hot during the night & if you didn't have air conditioning boy was it uncomfortable! Thanks to the Europeans who settled here in the early years, we have heaps of decidious trees so our Autumns are breathtaking.

I travel to Perth quite frequently as my youngest son lives there & we travel to Sydney every year or so for business.Where in NSW do your family live?

Cazza