Motorhome - Campervan

A while ago there was a cartoon of Andy Capp in the dole office: the bloke asked him what job he wanted? Andy said "snow plough driver in Australia" next frame he's coming out of the dole office smirking giving a thumbs up. By the look of that photo he could have got the job..

colly0410......That was not snow as such in the photo...just a light dusting.

Along the Snowy Mountains Highway between Talbingo and Eucumbene and most roads across the top of the ranges, there are 8 foot high red posts, every side of the road and every 50 yards or so.

These are there to show you the edge of the road when there has been heavy snow deep enough to cover your normal road side white posts.

There is a Roads Camp at the junction of the SMH and the Khancoban Road and there are photos there of even the red posts covered by snow. You cannot see the road or anything else.

When it snows up there, it snows and even a snow plough would quickly disappear from view.

If you can, Google the Snowy Mountains Hydro Scheme and that will give you some idea of the snow in the Australian high country. :tanning:

• Upvote 1

The Great Western Hwy is usually closed a couple of times a year for a couple of days due to snow, when I was on regular nights I loved it, gave me some nights in bed without loss of pay. There were three of us from Bathurst on nights, none of us lost any sleep over the road closures...LOL

It gets very cold overnight out in the Australian bush.

Quite common to find the diesel fuel, that had spilt and collected on the top of the 44 gallon drums during refuelling; being frozen solid in the morning.