Hospital parking charges

I huge issue is the old fashioned and outdated 'Pay and Display' system. How on earth can you go to a hospital and predict how long you will need to park? You have to either grossly overpay, keep feeding the meter every hour or 'take the risk' that the attendants are having a tea break. The pay and display simply allows the vultures attendants to feed on the motorist.

The only fair way is 'pay on exit' (at a fair price) and at least you have the comfort of knowing the vultures are out of a job. What is a fair price? Well, it should be a little less than private land parking as parking at the NHS should not include VAT whilst parking on private land is subject to VAT.

In some EU countries parking has to be metered by the minute.

Concessions should be allowed (and are available at the City) for long term visiting. Free parking for the disabled is also catered for. Staff parking should be at concession rates.

The latest con, now that private clamping has been outlawed, is to deem that an over stayer is in 'breach of contract' and liable for a £100 fine. These so called contracts are not enforceable but are very intimidating.

• Upvote 3

On the few times when I've had to visit people in QMC, I've usually been able to find a space to park for free on Leengate.

Can be quite a walk for some of us from thee tho

Ok here how it goes

Insurance for 2 people approx $1000 - $1800 per month with anywhere from $3000 to $12000 deductible per year.

Co pay when you do go to the doctor used to be $30 but now about $80 every time you visit.

Then when you get your bill the insurance then informs you that they will pay a percentage

$50,000 for the room per day , Insurance will pay $700 per day you are left with the rest.

You are actually paying for the people that don't have insurance that cant be turned down for treatment like immigrants & people that don't work.

I was pulled out of the emergency room to make way for a prisoner with 6 prison guards in attendance for about 6 hrs that carried my stay into the next day turns out he had been sniffing some cleaning solvent I only had a broken hand.

I am now on Medicare $100.00 per month & wifey will be next year at 65 but until then her insurance is $784.00 per month with $ 5000 deductable

Medicare is what is taken out of your paycheck every week just like Nhi.

Then you pay a extra insurance to cover everything that medicare don't cover $75.00

Don't believe me go to WWW.healthcare.gov

• 3 weeks later...

On news today talk of reducing hospital parking fees and seriously ill and staff ,poss free.still makes us paying parking when wales and Scotland don't.I will not comment it would be political.

• Upvote 2