Yes I remember you telling me now. I know he was a bit ott sometimes, but I used to love it when your old man was around. A genuine bloke.

The old man was priceless, he could be a complete pain in the backside sometimes because he always felt he was right, but the adventures we had together were incredible.

Liz has always said that I've never been the same person since he died, and his death was clearly down to his own intransigence, he was my best pal, right to the end. I really miss him, I'll never get over his stupid death.

• Upvote 1

I recall a trip on the back of his moped to Barrow Hill, we found an ancient Midland tank loco, 58xxx, on the scrapline, the smokebox numberplate was hanging on by one bolt. His nibs had the front to go and scrounge a very large spanner off the shed foreman. The bloody thing was rusted on, he couldn't shift it despite the cursing and

swearing,

MR 1-Horace 0.

Sorry to go off thread.

I see a lot of "earthquakes" in Notts are the result of the extensive coal mine workings putting stress on the myriads of faults...Well that's what the BGS claim.