From where to where, over where?

Both exactly right !congrats! x 2.....

Reckon ilko knew, but he doesn't like me to pull his leg when he answers before the ink is dry on the question!

Cheers

Robt P.

I know that road very well.

many years ago in the late fifties my mum, god bless her worked for a family who had the last house on the left going towards trowel just after the traffic lights at the Balloon woods Coventry lane junction as a cleaner.

i went with her on many occasion when the school holidays were on.

he was a business man and she was to idol to do the house work.

what is foxing me is the building to the left of the trees, it looks like quite a large house if so i don't recall such a building....

I know that road very well.

many years ago in the late fifties my mum, god bless her worked for a family who had the last house on the left going towards trowel just after the traffic lights at the Balloon woods Coventry lane junction as a cleaner.

i went with her on many occasion when the school holidays were on.

he was a business man and she was to idol to do the house work.

what is foxing me is the building to the left of the trees, it looks like quite a large house if so i don't recall such a building....

BiP, the house that you visited features on my 1966 OS map - as you say, the last property prior to open country.

Virtually opposite that property is the right turn on to the unclassified road/track leading to the actual Moor, extending on to serve 'Shortwood Farm' just beyond the M1, and located immediately north of Trowell Services

The photo' must have been taken merely yards beyond the house you knew and the map reveals the building that you queried (to the left of the trees) to be 'The Hall', or possibly it's annexe.

The buildings just visible on the right horizon are/were 'Moor Cottages'.

Cheers

Robt P.

Scanner buggered....sorry.

Is this link (if it works) any use?

'The Hall' (BiP's query) located opposite the 'Moor Cottages' turn, possibly at the top of the track leading down to 'Swancar Farm'.

Somewhat at variance with my '66 OS, where the house is specifically named.

http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.cgi?cli...m=1&scale=25000

Cheers

Robt P.

Well thats the current map.

Digital Camera ?

Good thinking........

I don't own one, but I know a daughter who does!

Watch this space.

Cheers

Robt P.

The major conspicious difference between the '66 OS and the current 'Multimap' seems to be Balloon Woods.

The 40 years gap saw the building of the Wollaton Vale link road, plus the Balloon Woods flats came and went.

Whereas the only discernbable difference between the '66 OS and my even more ancient 1921 OS is that 'Moor Cottages' were the 'Poor Law Institution'!

Hard enough places to live I'd have thought, without being located on an exposed Moor :Vampire:

Cheers

Robt P.

:Friends: When i get a minute i will take a ride up there and take a few pics of what is left...............

:Friends: I took a ride over there today and i can say with no fear of contrediction that the building on the left of the original picture is no longer there..

the Hall is still there see pic below....................sorry for the poor quality..couldn't get a picture of the hall because of trees obscuring the view..

post-29-1144091345_thumb.png