Most places have had the Toxic Smog warnig today. Here in West Mids we have been warned that we have level six air quality and those of us with Heart and Lung problems, including Asthma should refrain from physical exertion today.

I am sitting here by my Patio Doors, looking out at a beautiful blue sky, fluffy white clouds and the temperature is warmish. Perfect for a gentle cycle ride. If we didn't know better, it looks like the best day so far this year. BUT. decieving as it is, we must forgo our cycle ride (Just in case).

Hope you Nottstalgians are not to Smogged up. This Smog doesn't resemble the 1950/60s Smogs in any visible way, but perhaps it is more Toxic than our Chimney Smog.

No problem in Norfolk but in the past we have had a big stink from Holland when the wind was in the right direction. I understand they use sewage as a fertilizer over there. Ah! Tulips from Amsterdam!

• Upvote 1

Dull and cowd 'ere anall Pianoman.

I thought smog was what you got from Stanton Ironworks, Wilford Power Station, Toton and Colwick engine sheds and all those domestic coal fires back in the 50's and 60's, it just shows you how well the EU Regulations applying to air pollution are practiced in the countries from which they originate.

Tomlinson I never knew that, being slightly geographically closer to Holland, that must explain why we have a terrible smell of sewage when the wind is from the East, and all this time I thought it was next doors drains.

Dull and cowd 'ere anall Pianoman.

I thought smog was what you got from Stanton Ironworks, Wilford Power Station, Toton and Colwick

Stanton Ironworks is no more. Its just flattened concrete!

Thought there might be something, Ive been coughing a lot today, seemed to have develpoed a cold and sore throat too, so has im indoors...............

Blondie,

It's been a long day today. We decided to play it safe and not go out, because of the Smog.

Your symptoms sound like the ones described on the news. Hope you both feel better tomorrow, and the Smog has cleared.

Nice clear skies for us in West Mids today. No sign of any "Toxic Smog". I hope it's all clear for you in Nottingham today!

Even managed to get out for the "Cycle Ride" we had to forgo yesterday.

I hope you and Hubby are feeling better today Blondie. :)