Shepherd/Crumley/ Giddy/ Sales

Hello everyone, I am tracing my family tree and would be interested to know if anyone knows the above names. They all lived in St Ann's from 1900 to the 1960's. The Shepherd family are my mothers family, Violet my mother and her mum and dad Percy and Lizzie living on Westminster Street. Crumley Mabel, Sarah and Ellen lived on Bombay street and so did my great grand parents Lizzie and Michael Crumley. Giddy, parents Violet and Jack also Bombay street with brothers and sister John, Janice and Graeme. Sales Grandparents lived on Union Road ran a fish and chip shop .

Any information and memories very much appreciated

Regards

Sarah

I remember that chip shop on Union Road !, ran by an older couple & when demolition came they moved to a chip shop at Sherwood.

I know a Graeme Giddy through my work, he lives Arnold ? way.

Hello catfan, yes that sounds like them, my Grandma Violet was from Hertfordshire remarried Ron Sales, her son Jack Giddy married Violet Shepherd. My brother John said something about a shop on Sherwood street . Yes Graeme my other brother lived in Arnold

Thank you

• 3 months later...

Hi Sarah23

looking at my family tree, my grandma was a Sheppard (Selina) and when she married she lived on Little John St (Off Peashill Rd) her farther was a Harry Sheppard (deceased) in 1910 but her mother was a Violet Sheppard. Looking at 1881 census Harry was born in Nottingham and lived at 16 East Villa St Nottingham St Mary. In 1881 he was 17 His father was a Reuben Sheppard and his wife was Clarissa and there address in 1881 census was Lenton and Hyson Green.

Maybe we are related.