Who's in charge

Dear Mr Fog

I'm writing to you to ask if you aren't tired. For more than 15 days with 7 more to come you have been haunting us. we are getting very depressed not being able to see our gate and trying to avoid the ditches on the road when we drive. Who's in charge of this atrocious weather? Are you in cahoots with Mr Jack Frost? Why don't you step aside for a while and let Mrs Sun show her beautiful face. We feel so much better when she shines , she makes us feel happy. I know that after the next 7 days Mrs Sun will be shining and keep us happy around Christmas but please Mr Fog have pity on us and have a word with the powers that be. I'm fed up with trying to defrost my car in a morning. This morning I used a full can of deicer and it still wouldn't budge. If you can do no more than breathe have a word with Mr Jack Frost to put a hot water bottle in his bed to warm him up a bit.

• Upvote 4

Nonna

Living in what is close to what heaven would be to me, - Northern Italy, any weather is good.

I dont know if you live near the coast or closer to the Alps but I imagine that the Alps in fog is a wonderful sight.

I have seen a November fog over Tuscany and it was so beautiful it was breathtaking.

Fynger it was more or less what I wrote before hope this one has found its home!

Mercury sometimes it is like heaven living here but its a very damp/ humid area. We are between the alps and the coast not far from Asti. We are in the middle of vineyards and its depressing to see the vines wither every year . From the corner of our road we can see Monviso. Its beautiful in winter with the tip all snowed up but when its foggy....its that horrible wet fog that looks like fine drizzle. I rather you think that everywhere was smothered in mist than fog. One of our neighbours took a photo and placed it on google with the early morning mist over the vineyards. Really beautiful, I'll try and find it if it will allow me to post. Tuscany is beautiful in any weather and we also have some wonderful views. Unfortunately when you live here or anywhere else for that matter it takes a tourist to point out the beauty and to appreciate it.

Dear Mr Fog and Mr Jack Frost.

Thankyou very much for the pathetic plea I made to you the other day. Mr Jack you must have put very hot water in your hot water bottle for now the temperature has gone from minus 6 to above almost reaching 10 of course Mrs Sun has something to do with it too, with shining she has made the sky a lovely blue. You of course Mr Fog had some thoughts for us poor mortals and I hope your cold has cleared for good. Its a pleasure to go for a walk or even to look outside.

Thankyou once again.

• Upvote 2