A shop called scan

I do recall Scan,orange logo as I recall,was treated to a pocket calculator for school,lasted about 4 years?..Debenhams then took it over '77 time. I do remember with all the hoo ha over the Sex Pistols they had a basket of all their singles- 5p each!

When the Debenham store called Farmers that was at the top of Exchange Walk closed the business and staff moved to the new Scan store in the Victoria Centre. I remember work colleagues being excited about the move to the new modern shop. Some of the staff moved to Griffins, the other Debenham store. These were people who worked in the fabric departments: silks, cottons and curtains. I guess this was because fabric by the metre/yard was not sold at Scan and there were still jobs at Griffins. I did not move to Scan as my student vacation jobs were a series of short contracts. I did shop at Scan and it was good for household goods. I loved working at Farmers and the staff were great.