Time has now arrived for me to bail out…..at least until the original purpose of the group has been reinstated.

The forum which was often vibrant, interesting, and informative in discussing many varied aspects of Nottingham has, IMO, rapidly declined into anything but…..

Therefore, the prime reason for my joining no longer seems to apply.

Additionally, I’m aware (from several to whom I’ve recommended membership) that many potential contributors are being quickly deterred by the cliques which dominate the proceedings

All rather confirmed by so few regular posters from such a seemingly large membership.

Best Wishes !hand!

Cheers

Robt P.

That's a bit harsh Rob, it's a shame you've deemed fit to pull the plug, although I freely admit things do take a nosedive from time to time, it's just a mere reflection of life, and that is precisely why you should stay, because any other forum that simply sticks to one topic and one topic only would be boring in the extreme, and besides as mentioned before, it's surprising how quickly topics pertaining to a Nottingham theme can quickly come depleted..

have a rethink Rob, but whatever your choice, for heaven's sake NEVER sign up to Sawleystalgia, Ilkestonstalgia, or Trowelstalgia, because although there would be many topics of conversation, the boredom would drive you absolutely insane!

Sorry you have decided to leave Rob,come back in a couple of months & hopefully you might change your mind,thanks for the input on the site anyway I enjoyed reading your posts.

Caz.

Time has now arrived for me to bail out…..at least until the original purpose of the group has been reinstated.

The forum which was often vibrant, interesting, and informative in discussing many varied aspects of Nottingham has, IMO, rapidly declined into anything but…..

Therefore, the prime reason for my joining no longer seems to apply.

Additionally, I’m aware (from several to whom I’ve recommended membership) that many potential contributors are being quickly deterred by the cliques which dominate the proceedings

All rather confirmed by so few regular posters from such a seemingly large membership.

Best Wishes !hand!

Cheers

Robt P.

Rob, this is not unusual for a forums, the threads always seem to degenerate into something way off the origonal topics.

Been around forums a while now and nothings dufferent here than elsewhere ;)

So have I, over many years...perhaps even longer than yourself....

I have no difficulty with threads developing into something else, which is certainly the norm' with forums elsewhere.

Suggest the problem here is that the percentage of 'Nottstalgia' thread openers has dwindled...almost to a trickle.

Cheers

Robt P.

So have I, over many years...perhaps even longer than yourself....

I have no difficulty with threads developing into something else, which is certainly the norm' with forums elsewhere.

Suggest the problem here is that the percentage of 'Nottstalgia' thread openers has dwindled...almost to a trickle.

Cheers

Robt P.

That happens too Rob, especially around this time of year, when folk spend more time in the garden, out at weekeneds etc etc..