Lots on the news tonight.

The poor lady mixed up in the blast has died in hospital, apparently the dividing wall between the two semi's came down on her whilst she was in bed.

I have been in the gas game plus of 50 years and never seen such wide spread damage, one side of the semi's gone completely the other side half gone, door and windows blown out yards away along with roofs smashed in and all just before Christmas. I have attended a couple in Nottingham but nothing like that.

I saw the aftermath of a gas explosion in a house in Hemel Hempstead years ago when we lived down that way.  It was a 3 storey terraced house set back from a main road.  I drove by not having heard anything on the news about it so it was a total shock to see a pile of rubble and furniture lying between two adjoining houses, with all the emergency services there.  Apparently at least one young girl fell from top floor right down to ground floor, still on her bed, she didn’t have major injuries either.   So sad about the old lady, she’d lived in the house for the past 40 years apparently, they’d just sold it too!!