Welsh actor & documentary maker....

• 2 weeks later...

Come along you dopey lot........can't believe there are no takers !sleeping!

Regular TV/Film face over the last 20 years!

Cheers

Robt P

".......The centenary of the outbreak of the Boer War in 1999 found ******* in typically combative mood in a two-part documentary for BBC2. Wearing a Sinn Fein emblem to show his support for republican prisoners in Northern Ireland, he declared that “imperialism is as evil a concept as humankind has ever devised” and accused the British of atrocities.

For his documentaries he was able to draw on his vast collection of British Empire postal memorabilia, which included some 25,000 items, envelopes and postcards relating to the Boer War alone.

He published a richly detailed autobiography, The Fool’s Pardon, in 1994. He was less prominent as an actor in later years, but cameo appearances in the 1990s films Four Weddings and a Funeral and The Englishman Who Went Up a Hill but Came Down a Mountain and Very Annie Mary (2001) showed that his ability to steal a scene was undiminished. The latter film, 60 years after his first, meant that he had the distinction of having had the longest screen career of any Welsh actor.

On the occasion of a celebration of that career at the Chapter Arts Centre, Cardiff, in 2001, he told an interviewer: “Death cannot be too far off for me. I do not want to die lacking the courage to tell the truth. That is what I have done in my films....”

Looks like an IMDB job, Mick........

Cheers

Robt P.

GOT IT!!!! Kenneth Griffith, remember the face from the film " Wild Geese " just took some remembering the name, got the mother in law to thank for that. smile2

I googled when you posed the question & could find nothing to give me his name though of course I remember him very well from films & TV. Grumpy old git he was,but a good old fashioned actor,they don't make em like that any more.