Silence is Golden, but not for this man?

That's what throws me somewhat.....

Points towards Brian Poole and the Tremeloes, but the picture seems to be of Eddie!

Cheers

Robt P.

Why is it that every time no other member on this site can understand you and your clues I get asked to bail you out? another corner to turn...

The only reason I can think of that silence is not golden is that when Eddie Calvert was a little boy he use to practice his trumpet playing in the early hours of Monday morning henceforth the missed notes drove the residents of the neighboring block of flats absoletely crazy. This went on for some time until a professor of chemical science discovered the atomic number of Gold which is 79 and the atomic mass of 196.96655.amu which meant the melting point must be 1064.43 °C (1337.5801 K, 1947.9741 °F) and the boiling point to be 2807.0 °C (3080.15 K, 5084.6 °F) taking all that on board the Density must be @ 293 K: 19.32 g/cm3 which in truth meant very little to his immediate neighbours.

Taking a unfortunate off the street and confronting him with these facts the unfortunate soon came to the conclustion that something must be done to quieten this young and up and coming trumpet player down...many suggestions were put forward but one stood out head and shoulders over the rest, which was the said offending instrument be put where it could never be heard again, to this day Eddie Calvert has walked with a slight left handed limp....unless he is dead then the limp is inmeterial.... Well that's what I say. !rotfl!

That's not bad on six pints of Harvest Pale and a bag of Pork scratchings.

Albert Edward Calvert (born on 15 March 1922, in Preston, Lancashire, England - died on 7 August 1978), had his first United Kingdom number one instrumental single in 1954, with Oh Mein Papa.

Following his exposure on TV with the Stanley Black Orchestra, an enthusiastic announcer introduced him as the 'Man With The Golden Trumpet' - an apt description that remained with him for the remainder of his musical career.

(Wikipedia)

Thanks katyjay & Rob (and Den, did you used to be on Call My Bluff?)

Yes the Trumpet is now silent.

My memories of Eddie Calvert are of being at the Saturday morning kids Cimema,

"Cherry Pink And Apple Blossom White" would be played before the start of the movies.

Eddie Calvert / Golden Sounds Of

Track Title

1. Oh Mein Papa

2. Cherry Pink And Apple Blossom White

3. Stranger In Paradise

4. John And Julie

5. Mandy (The Pansy)

6. Zambesi

7. London By Night

8. Little Serenade

9. Oh My Beloved Daddy

10. Midnight

11. I'm Getting Sentimental Over You

12. Tenderly

13. April In Portugal

14. Summertime

15. My Son, My Son

16. Memories Of You

Nottstalgia what would we be without it......sixteen again! That's what I say.. !yada!