Mr Viking..where Am I ???

:D This is an easy one :D well i think so ;)

B) Where am i ? ie Country :)

B) Who am i ? ie My name apart from Mr Viking, LOL

B) Where can you find me ? ie where abouts in that country :D

:P Answers on the back of a post card please :blink::blink::blink::blink:

:ph34r: GOOD LUCK.. Now back to admins little teaser :angry:

post-25-1100452247_thumb.jpg

:angry: Come on folks 12 views that's not good and only one comment well, if some of you don't start having a guess i will have to start giving you some clues, after all it's only a bit of fun :D

post-25-1100717085_thumb.gif

<_< I had a look but havent had time to do any research, [trying to run a business here you know!!!] also had a glass or two of red last night that didnt help :P I think you are amazing BIP, you put so much effort into these trivia whatsits, am also envious of the fact that you retired at 50.....there's hope for me yet!! LOL

Cazza

B)

:D Thanks Cazza, If you take another look at my last posting you will see that i have left a clue to where you can find this Viking. :ph34r: Good luck.

post-25-1100776203_thumb.gif

Thats you with the Cap Right?

:rolleyes: Nowp, that's me on the bike. LOL scouting for some cheep DVDs for my friends on Tb forum. :ph34r:

Just a stab in the dark is it Rekyavik? don't think it's spelt like that!!!

:) ummmmmmmmmmmmmm NO Spell check REYKJAVIK

:D Hi Caz, Good guess thou. A little nearer home for me, look at my second post there is a clue there as to what country you can find him in. ;)

post-25-1100821481_thumb.png

Ah Ah ! - this is Erik The Viking..

the excellent Rover Metro Diesel 14 CD was produced by this guy, capable of 60 mpg, and 100 mph!

(it saved me big wedges of dosh did this little baby) :)

the 820i 16 valve was also a product of the same, but alas was a failure.. a shame as it was a lot of car for yer money..

Its the same with all Rovers.. buy em and the part ex is zilch..

but nontheless excellent vehicles!

Nowadays its 'shake yer ass' and the Citroen that rule the roost.. (Picasso?)

personally I still drive a Rover as there's plenty of spares down at Loomies! :)

Longbridge rulez .. ok!

Viking.JPG

ilko..

Now Yer Talkin' B)

Decent motors in their time, and still are. Always wanted one of these.

There is one down the road from me, still going strong :D

The Rover 9090.jpg

Mr R.E.Scogings' award winning Rover 90.

The Rover 90 was produced from 1954 to 1959, during this period 35,891 cars were built. The engine was increased in capacity from the earlier "75" and at 2638cc was the largest fitted to any P4. It developed 93 bhp giving an improved performance; the car could achieve 85 mph with the standard 4.3 to 1 axle ration and 90 mph with the optional 3.9 ratio.

In 1955 the P4 range was given a facelift; the boot line was also raised giving increased capacity. The following year the front wings were increased in height and incorporated flashing indicators. The sidelamps, which had been on the wing tops, were now built into the wings lower down. Coupled with this, a peculiar feature of the P4 was the small chrome beads which reflected the light from the sidelamps to the driver (They were not for attaching wedding ribbons - this was a mischevious rumour). These can be seen in the picture above the headlights.

In 1956 the frewheel was deleted and a Laycock-de-Normanville overdrive was introduced as an option.

The Rover 90 was the archetypal P4 and even now people tend to refer to the P4 as a Rover 90 whatever the actual model.

Ah Ah ! - this is Erik The Viking..

Longbridge rulez .. ok!

ilko..

Ahh Soo! But not soo, (Soon)!

Only today on Blitish news.

Rover/MG soon to be Manufactured in China!

Soon to be Longblidge Prant (North of Peking)!

AH SO!

My Rover 80 (2088cc) in its day was a kewl machine..

it had a reserve fuel switch on the dashboard, which permanently displayed a red light, indicating low fuel (1970s - 10 bob a gal.)..

Word is - that it's still going to this day and worth a mint.. BUT .. whoever has got it can keep it!

ilko..

:D Ok then lets get back to the quiz and stop all that [All our yesterdays] witterings :D

B) As to who it is yes that's right Eric the viking but i still want to know where can you find him ? also what country, regarding the country i have left a clue in the form of the Avitar used.. :ph34r:

B) I bet those old rovers never went this fast :ph34r:

;) No mother i'v already had two ;)

post-25-1100979979_thumb.gif

Caz Posted on Nov 21 2004, 11:47 AM
  Has it got anything to do with garlic & frogs???

:o Garlic and Frogs !!!! :blink:

B) I'm going to forgive you for that question, I'll put it down to, to much red wine, sunshine and you being 12M miles away :D :wub:

:o It looks as if no one want's to play, apart from you Caz, so i'm going to have to make it very very easy from now on.

:P I will give you the answer to the first clue. The Avitar which i have used is the Scotish flag flying, so that's the country *Scotland* Daaaaa

Now that we have established the country that you can find him in the second question is where abouts in that country ??????? OK

:blink: Just in case you didn't read the other right answer his name is ERIC the VIKING..

:ph34r: Another Clue :ph34r:

:rolleyes: OK then we have established that he is called ERIC the VIKING and the country that he resides in SCOTLAND, OK so far, now where abouts in Scotland can we find him, CLUE > if i was you i would start in the Highlands and work my way up, but be careful not to get your feet wet :wub:

B) The picture below is not a visual clue B)

post-25-1101317965_thumb.jpg

:( Not much help to you am I? Have only had a Smirnoff tonight & that's not helping much either :blink: LOL

Could it be the Shetlands then? :rolleyes:

Caz

B) I;m putting it down to the sun -gria :D

:ph34r: No mother i will stick to French wine, you can't trust this foriegh muck. ( Aussie cherryade ) :blink:

:D Ok sit back settle down and concentrate here comes a big clue :P and feel free to join in all you visitors, because no members apart from Caz wants to play :angry:

B) Now then Caz, Look into my eyes not around my eyes into my eyes. ya but no but....... your under :blink::blink::blink::blink:

:rolleyes: Lands end is 874 miles away as the crow fly's and Pentland Skerries is 6 miles away as the haggis fly's, and a anagram of the place is - Jo Has No Trog....Well if that don't help, I'm off to another forum and i'm taking my DVDs with me so there :wub:

:ph34r: unless that is Admin makes me a Moderator :o then i will think about it, :D

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Boo Hoo! I am at the end of my tether now BIP

I'm not sure but I think the rest of the contributor's have gone to sunnier climes for the winter............& I don't blame them either.

You are going to have to put me out of my misery,but before you do one last guess has it got a connection with Northumbria?

Am I getting warmer :P

Caz

You are going to have to put me out of my misery,but before you do one last guess has it got a connection with Northumbria?

Am I getting warmer 

Caz

:angry: Mother load the 12 bore :angry:

:blink: I just don't beleive it Caz, from the clues, i though, i had given it you :blink:

;) I know what you are doing, it's called reverse psychology, you know what the answer is but you are trying to make me give you the answer :blink: sorry not falling for that :blink: I'm giving another clue, and if you don't get it from that, i'm staying on here forevery. :o look into my eyes not around the eyes into the eyes ya but no but you're under :blink::blink::blink::blink: you will remember everything that you see and read. 1 2 3 wake up..... :P

:ph34r: For some unknown reason i cannot download images so i have given you a link to the place you can find Eric the Viking :ph34r:

:ph34r: Look closely top row 3rd pic of five, click on pic to get a bigger image. :ph34r:

http://www.visitjohnogroats.com/what_to_see.htm

Ha Ha B****y Ha!!

Shucks you guessed my ploy Ugh? Well it worked didnt it? Of course I knew it was at John O'Groats who doesn't? :P:P:P:P:P

Caz :huh: