As far as I know Mary Quant had no direct connection with Nottingham, but she certainly influenced the way people of Nottingham looked and dressed.

If it hadn't been for her, everyone in the 1960s would've been walking around dressed like their parents and grandparents.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-65265531

She was responsible for black and white iconic dresses that were all the rage at the time.  I remember my father teasing my older sister as she was preparing to go out for the evening wearing a mini skirt.  She had painfully thin legs (just like him, which is probably where she got them from). There were comments along the lines of, "You're not going out in that, are you? With those legs? You couldn't stop a pig in an entry!"

I wasn't really old enough to be wearing Mary Quant fashion but, later on, she branched out into cosmetics and perfume and Mary Quant's Havoc was one of my all-time favourites. Perfume quickly loses its fragrance on me but Havoc was unusual in that it didn't do so and the aroma was very distinctive. It was discontinued years ago, as with most things I like!

• Like 1