Sir Paul Smith and Mulberry collection

I see that our local lad has joined forces with Mulberry for a range of handbags. What a success story for him over the years after struggling with that small shop on Byard Lane. Still the sole owner of the business. The bags look great but don’t tell my daughter !

• Like 1

I was still at school when Paul Smith was working at the Birdcage and no way could I afford to buy gear from there, on my Saturday job wage of £1.  However, once I started earning,  I did get him to make me a pair of wool gabardine trousers, with turn-ups too, when he moved into Byard Lane, up a rickety staircase if I remember correctly?  Back to the topic title though, the prices will be beyond the reach of yer normal fashion shopper surely? 

Lizzie, my Saturday job wage at Boots on the corner of Friar Lane was about that much too. Travelling in and out on the bus from Cropwell Butler took some of that but still couldn’t afford the Paul Smith stuff either. Those trousers of yours sound great though.