Parker - although at the time I couldn't afford one (even the prices that Jeffs, Alfreton Road, were chargin')

Had to make do with the Wrangler Jacket :(

Parker - although at the time I couldn't afford one (even the prices that Jeffs, Alfreton Road, were chargin')

Had to make do with the Wrangler JacketĀ  :(

I wasnt aware that Jeffs sold parkas, note correct spelling! :rolleyes: The smart place to get one was Wakefields army surplus and camping store.

Although i bought mine from the guy whos scooter i borrowed for my trip to Cambridge that ended up in a way i hadnt planned! (see seperate story somewhere else here!) Fur trim round the hood, and an "op art" bullseye in the middle of the back.

Leather jacket, most definately, enblazen with the immortal words on the back in big silver studs 'ELVIS'. Riding around Clifton Estate on a BSA 500cc A7, chasing all thos mods with mirror festooned lambrettas or vespa's!

Actually, before i was a mod, i wore a leather jacket, it was about 7 or 8 guineas, from Wakefields, and my favourite bike was the BSA Gold Star, preferrably the 350, not the 500, as it seemed to have lower revs than its bigger bro, and sounded woderful when pulling away, the sound through that megaphone style exhaust was music to my ears, and as for the smell of the Castrol R oil.........!

2 mates had these bikes, one in each engine size, and they had both put on the obligatory clip on handlebars, racing tank in red fibreglass, and a racing seat to match, fabulous!

I remember them Craig, don't forget the swept back exhaust pipe, a trade mark of the Goldie, and the Paul Dunstall megaphone. There was a shop on Arkwright street called Breally Smith (spelling) that made and sold all sorts of fibre glass components for motor cycles, Racing fuel tanks, bucket seats, fairings etc. I think they were among the first people to manufacture these jet ski things,

Rog

Originally a parka and a Vespa 150 (Sportique) - but I got fed up with me mate who had a 250 Royal Oilfield and could blast by me at will - so I sold the Vespa and bought a Triumph 500 Speed Twin!

Boy, I loved that bike - wish I still had it!

Limey, you eventually saw the light then - no comparison vespa versus speed twin!!!!!

Limey, you eventually saw the light then - no comparison vespa versus speed twin!!!!!

You ain't kidding there! More power than I thought could ever be needed (I was 17 at the time!)

I remember them Craig, don't forget the swept back exhaust pipe, a trade mark of the Goldie, and the Paul Dunstall megaphone. There was a shop on Arkwright street called Breally Smith (spelling) that made and sold all sorts of fibre glass components for motor cycles, Racing fuel tanks, bucket seats, fairings etc. I think they were among the first people to manufacture these jet ski things,

Rog

Id forgotten the swept back exhaust! it looked so good as it .erm....swept upwards as it went towards the back of the frame, unlike the standard one which was more horizontal to the ground, and that place was where my mates got their stuff from!