I see that the 'West Bridgford Aikido Centre' (in the Meadows) has recently been demolished (it's a pile of bricks now).  It occupied a site between Riverside Way and Robin Hood Way, just North of the Toll Bridge, behind the Meadows Embankment tram stop.  Anyone know whether it was something else originally?

Is/was it this place ?  

https://maps.app.goo.gl/Y2U49g3ECjKZALqz8  

That's a building I remember from my childhood in the 60s because some of the buses from Clifton to Nottingham went past there.

I've always remembered it as 'Walsall Conduits' because that was the name on the side of the building for many years. When I was 8 or 9 I had no idea what a Conduit was, although I knew there was a place named Walsall.

Walsall Conduits in the old news archives were listed as 232 Wilford Road . First mentions of them at that address appear to be 1968.

4 hours ago, DAVIDW said:

Walsall Conduits in the old news archives were listed as 232 Wilford Road . First mentions of them at that address appear to be 1968.

That is almost certainly the same place as the Aikido Centre. The numbering fits, and its main entrance could've been on Wilford Road.

• Like 1

It was called the Eagle Building.  See Nottingham City Council planning application 19/00937/PFUL3 (December 2019) granted for 42 apartments.