After a great deal of physical effort that’s just about knackered me I’ve extracted the lawn tractor which had sunk into the mire yesterday. It’s a heavy piece of kit with a 25hp Kawasaki v-twin. I tried to haul it out with the quad bike, which I had to recommission after being laid, up but it wouldn’t budge it. I put the big heavy farm jack under the rear and lifted it up sufficiently to put rubber mats under the rear wheels. After a bit of forward and reversing it popped out only to sink in again after a couple of metres so I had to repeat the procedure. My Apple Watch congratulated me on my effort! I’m just relaxing with tea and cake at the moment. I don’t open the beer until 5.30 under my self imposed licensing laws. This is the first time I’ve done any serious exertion since last Autumn so I’m going to be a bit stiff tomorrow morning. My next job is to mow the grass again, a little shorter this time, cut up a big fallen willow branch with a chainsaw and then the greenhouses need clearing and preparing. I did manage a circuit of the field on the quad to examine the lake which fortunately is receding rapidly.