Gynastic out-takes.

Just a little something i cobbled together....my grand daughter is the one with blonde hair also she is on the left at the very end of the film where the two girls are talking she asks her mate 'Why did you do that?

Bip. B)

I did I did I did LOL very good Den Ever thought of putting yourself up for best director Oscar ? LOL

;)

Very, very good Den. 10/10.

Wish I had more time on me hands to do me hobbies.

That one minute something was the end section of a longer film I made of my grand daughters gym contest as part of a team event, needless to say those mistakes didn’t happen when the serious part began. All my editing is done through Pinnacles studio 9-4 with all the extras one can get for that series. I have on my computer the liquid edition, which is a professional editing suit of which I find at the moment to complicated for my little brain to comprehend.

As time goes by I am hoping to post more little snippets onto YouTube.

Bip.

What are you using for editing Den

I just bought a gadget for converting video to dvd.

I have some Video tapes to convert and edit.

Whats the best way?

As I have said Mick I use pinnacles Video editing suite with all the whistle and bells attached..Pinnacles allows you to make a CD or DVD compatible file ready if you have a CD or DVD burner at hand it also allows you to Stream a Video or make a AVI file for a web site.

When wanting to transfer VHS tape to my computer [which is very rare these days] I use a scart lead which plugs into a video player and the other end has the three plug leads or it might be four that connect into a Conex Video card in the back of ones computer from there it’s a simple task to transfer the video on the tape through pinnacles to a folder, once you have done that its just a matter of messing with the Video folder in pinnacles to edit to your liking putting in transitions if needed or your own commentary if needed or music overlay or title overlays.

I don’t have the Conex Video card in my computer anymore for the simple reason I don’t any longer transfer Video from one to another, when I have settled down in my Bungalow I will sort the card and leads out so as you can try it for yourself.

I find it truly fascinating and time consuming………………

When transfering video from my digital video camera to my computer I connect camera with lead to computer open Pinnacles and from there transfer across, it's simple.

One thing you do have to remember make sure you have enough space on your hard drive to accommadate the video, they do take up alot of Gigabits even a short transfer does.

Bip.

I use the Adobe Premiere 3.0 - just upgraded from Videostudio 8.

Had to put in 2 x 250GB hard drives to cope as the old hard drive filled up quickly.

Just lacking enough time to seriously play with it.

In the late 90's, I took part in a series of programs for Central TV.

I want to edit them down and convert them to a format viewable in the USA.

(Fer me Dad)

R U a star Mick & you haven't told us me duck? ;)

I've lost track of the times i've bin on the news.

One stock news clip mid 80's was broadcast regularly in relation to one subject for a couple of years.

In general the press are a pain in the 4rse.

I have two media cameramen trained, they know if they get in the way when I am

working, they will get booted. They now wait till they get the thumbs up, and I try

to arrange some special access or shots for them.

When Princess Di visited Nottingham in the 80's I had prime positions for taking

photographs next to her during her tours of the new Nottingham Tennis Centre,

A disabled Childrens Center in Bestwood, and I think what was part of Raliegh?

The press were not well impressed, and one wanted to slip me a roll of film,

and pay me to take some pics for im. "More than me Jobsworth mate!"

Everone got to meet Di except one person who was busy taking the photographs!

You're occupation sounds really interesting Mick,dealing with the dead & the living ?? ;)

You're occupation sounds really interesting Mick,dealing with the dead & the living ??  ;)

I know who I prefer dealing with!

Yeah me too,in fact they make much easier conversationalists.............all one sided . !rotfl!

Caz .

One stock news clip mid 80's was broadcast regularly in relation to one subject for a couple of years.

Re that stock news clip from the mid 80s is that the one at that cross roads on the Loughborough Road cos if it was (Imeant to tell you when we last met but forgot)it was shown on 'Granada Reports' or 'North West Tonight' last year in relation to a series of speeding accidents don't know why Midlands 80s footage was used I just assumed they couldn't be arsed to go out and get something fresh and used it because they thought no one round here would have seen it before ( but they wuz wrong )

;)

I'd suggest that working for Central TV is experience that a freelance photographer/film maker would been keen to keep well away from his CV.

Was often amused by their caption "amateur footage" which sometimes accompanied film reports - as if to explain some doubtful skill or quality.

In reality, these offerings were usually superior to their own 'in house' contributions!

Cheers

Robt P.

Re that stock news clip from the mid 80s is that the one at that cross roads on the Loughborough Road cos if it was (Imeant to tell you when we last met but forgot)it was shown on 'Granada Reports' or 'North West Tonight' last year in relation to a series of speeding accidents don't know why Midlands 80s footage was used I just assumed they couldn't be arsed to go out and get something fresh and used it because they thought no one round here would have seen it before ( but they wuz wrong )

Blimey are they still using that. It was filmed years ago?

And using it up north. You remember that then, yes ot was out past Bunny somewhere. Two TWOC'ers wrote themselves off.

I remember there was a huge lorry, the driver of which moved the Police Accident sign that closed the road. He drove through nearly adding to the accident.

He spent the rest of the day there waiting for the road to be opened.

You're occupation sounds really interesting Mick,dealing with the dead & the living ?? ;)

A bit like what it's like sometimes on here.. girlvboy

Bip. :Friends:

Blimey are they still using that. It was filmed years ago?

And using it up north. You remember that then, yes ot was out past Bunny somewhere. Two TWOC'ers wrote themselves off.

Yeah it was quite funny I was sat there with SWMBO and as it came on I was in the process of saying "this looks like a bit of film I saw years ago with my mate Mick in it BLOODY HELL it is him"