Breaston Pub Crawl.

My local was the "Petersham Hotel" - which made the Blue Ball look decidedly "upscale"!

Looking at the Petersham these days, I think it would be risking life and limb to go near the place!

the petersham rings a bell Limey...i taught at brackenfield school which i think was nearby

It sure was (is) - on Briar Gate if I'm not mistaken, the Petersham is on Grasmere Road. I grew up on Douglas Road and worked as the "order boy" at the coop on Grasmere road when I was at the Grammar School!

When did you work at Brackenfield?

brackenfield was a special school on the wilsthorpe campus, i taught special needs in the 70's...did you know a local family called Gill...think there were alot of them?

Then you may have seen me around - I was typically home on the weekends up until 1976 when I went to South Africa.

Gill rings a bell, but I can't put any names to them - they may have lived on the estate. Tony Gill seems to come to mind.

I went to Wilsthorpe before I transferred to the Grammar School. At that time (mid '60's), Brakenfield was considered separate to Wilsthorpe - there is (was) also a Roman Catholic school around the corner on Bracken Road.

english martyrs was the catholic school next to brackenfield Limey...the gill family lived off bracken road.think there was a tony but i remember paddy and eamon (use to sing in the longeaton labour club!) ....after he got married he lived on granville ave and then went on to manage a pub on tamworth road

Are you sure you dont mean the Blue Bell at Risley? Its had a bit of a face change but its still there, under the same name.

Sorry!! Typo on my behalf, and I stand corrected re its current name!