I know this is as far as we can go from Nottingham Nottstalgia,but I was wondering what your opinions are regarding Ex's,you know the men & women,girls & boys we once shared some sort of relationship with.

I think this should be in the section "what pees you off" but anyway I digress.

The reason i'm asking is I have had several experiences with mine & my partners former Ex's,some good, some bad, but still a pain in the butt if it impinges on your own personal space. Is it unfair for us to expect the previous partner to dissolve into dust upon the end of the relationship, or is it acceptable for them to still be included in family reunions,weddings Christmas etc etc? I will be very interested to hear what you have to say & whether my way of thinking is totally unreasonable? isitsafe

Interesting question Caz!

I divorced 15 years ago, following 24 years of marriage....and our 'friendship' has been on/off/hot/cold since then, often to the amusement of relatives and mutual friends..

Since the arrival of our grandchildren we inevitably come into contact more regularly - with some normality prevailing, but the occasional fireworks!

I'm often intent of recalling her skill of having a selective memory/domineering manner and she she can always remember some faux pas of mine which has been lost in history.

Some examples would be:

Her to me:

"And what about when you ducked my head under water at Bulwell Lido, when I was 17?"

Me to her:

"You've been trying emotional blackmail on me for more than 40 years, next time it works will be the first!"

All good stuff....

Cheers

Robt P.

• Upvote 1

I bump into SWMBO's ex on the odd rare occasion and he looks at me with a jealous green with envy expression (They never had kids you see) .They were married for 4 years and were still married when Tracey and I met although they had separated.

She even had the courtesy to call him up both times she fell pregnant to inform him what was happening wether it was to wind him up or just to be courtious I don't know. She insists it was the latter.

I must admit to feeling slightly uncomfortable when I see him , 'cos I don't know what to say to a bloke who let the best woman in the world through his grasp

thumbsup

Call it good fortune or good judgement on my part but I don't have any skeletons in the cupboard, met my wife at the tender age of fifteen married at twenty two happy until August 2005.

Bip.

Can't really join in this discussion as I've been happily married for 37 years and don't intend to be not married.

:Friends:

Rob & myself must be the only people on here with Ex's then LOL !rotfl!

Rob & myself must be the only people on here with Ex's then LOL !rotfl!

Nope - I have one, and Mary does too!

Haven't spoken to mine in about 10 years, and it bothers me not one bit! She lives in northern Maine and that suits me fine!

On the other hand, Mary's ex lives about 10 miles away. I have never met him, nor seen him, but he did have a habit of calling the house when we were first married. Thankfully, he now keeps quiet so I can't really complain. His presence does affect Mary's interaction with her sons a little, but that is diminishing!

Is that twice the problem now Eric?

!rotfl!

Yep!

thumbsdown