Does anyone agree with me that the standard of journalism at the NEP have reached rock bottom? Not only are they extremely left wing and ultra politically correct, but the standard of their stories and reporting has plumbed the depths.

e.g.

Notts residents have given their reactions after the biggest earthquake to be felt in the county in more than 250 years struck in the early hours today.

The last major quake to be felt in Notts was in October 2002, which measured 4.8 on the Richter Scale. Before that the strongest quake in the region measured 4.1, with an epicentre in Uppingham, Rutland, back in 1750.

So they had such an ability in 1750? Does anyone know when Richter proposed his scale?

(Developed in 1935 by Charles Richter in partnership with Beno Gutenberg, both of the California Institute of Technology)

I suppose the NEP merely reflects the general decline in standards in our once proud `Queen of the Midlands'

Whilst ensuring that I don't bore the gallery - yet again - with my views on the demise of journalism, the downward trend has now reached even further than the NEP (which, IMO, has always been second-rate) and cascaded down to the very local rags with which I'm familiar from Melton, Grantham, Newark, Hucknall and Weston-super-Mare...among others.

Cheers

Robt P.

Strange but i cannot remember the last time i saw a "paper boy" used to hate Fridays post i had to go out twice it was that thick , plus double the size it is now .

do they still exist ?

I saw a TV story this evening about the death of Heath Ledger. The facts reached the paper almost as soon as it occurred but had to be delayed for an hour before being put out on the internet version of the newspaper concerned. This is the way of the future Red. No chopping down of beautiful forests for newsprint and fish and chip wrappers.

Yes...quite numerous all over Bingham, morning and evening.

At least 6 evening rounds in the west end of the town.

Perhaps a very similar role to our day, but I'd reckon that the H&S Mafia must have gotten involved in the interim.

Cheers

Robt P.

I saw a TV story this evening about the death of Heath Ledger. The facts reached the paper almost as soon as it occurred but had to be delayed for an hour before being put out on the internet version of the newspaper concerned. This is the way of the future Red. No chopping down of beautiful forests for newsprint and fish and chip wrappers.

I was 'surfing' a few nights (or early mornings) ago and some news story broke on the internet as an 'Exclusive' .This must have been 2/3 in the morning much too late to be headline news in the daily papers, yet, there it was headlines in the Sun on the racks in my local newsagent at nine the next morning.

I was wondering how they had managed to get the story out so fast, but you have explained it there Stan, thankyou