R.I.A.T. RAF Fairford Gloucestershire

Ayup Rog.

Got me 'ed burnt yesterday afternoon when the sun came out!

We had a great day. I've posted a few of the 1500 photo's I took yesterday on here http://www.photoshopshowcase.com/

Look for the album entiltled 'Waddington' - only just opened the account so I don't know how to post a proper link yet.

Did you see the old cars? It was chucking it down when we went around there so I couldn't really get the camera out and hold the umbrella as well!!

The Vulcan taking off reminded me of Concord when I was working at heathrow some years back.

Pity about the weather and bad light during the morning - still, it brightened up in the afternoon and I managed to get a couple of good shots.

Hope you are looking forward to trying your new lens next week mate. Hope the weather is a little nicer for you.

DSC_0692_edited-1.jpg

DSC_0646.jpg

DSC_0544.jpg

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great album there Frank ,and, as you say it was nice to see it brighten up for you in the afternoon . The last three pictures of the Vulcan are great (If you click through them quick it looks like it flies across the monitor )

As for the lens ,I'm like a kid with a new toy ,literally, reading and re reading my camera instruction tome to make sure I know how to compensate for light etc Did get this on Friday whilst taking Adam for walk to feed the ducks (It's about a mile away)

testlens043.jpg

not sure what kind of plane this is

testlens036.jpg

Looks like you should get some real good shots!!

The aircraft lineup is totally better than Waddington. Can't see the Vulcan mentioned though. Maybe that's because of the last minute clearances form the CAA.

It's ' pencilled in' on another page as you say because it was still awaiting the CAA

Aup Beefsteak/Frank,

Vulcan still at Waddington tonight 09/07/08 at 19.30hrs the B52 went today between 16.00 and 18.00 and I missed it. the Chilean Herc is still on the airfield though

Rog

The B52 is probably headed for RIAT (One flying and one stationary)

The herc will be for these boys SP is for support and the F is flying

CHILEAN AIR FORCE

Extra 300L (x5) Escuadrilla de Alta Acrobacia 'Halcones' Global Engagement F

C-130H Grupo de Aviacion No 10 Global Engagement SP

B 52 touched down at RIAT yesterday afternoon so it would have been the same one

I know this is short notice but BBC 1 is showing the 90 th anniversay flypast of the RAF at Fairford in front of the Queen today Friday 11th at 2.15pm (It's gonna be a biggy) Her madge is also presenting new 'Colours'

http://www.airtattoo.com/airtattoo/Aircraft/stars

The whole of the flypast / colour presentation, plus a couple of small displays are one channel 301 on freeview

Ayup Beefsteak,

Just to let you know, Vulcan left Waddo this afternoon about 15.30hrs just caught a quick glimpse as she flew over my place but no mistaking the sound

Rog

CHILEAN AIR FORCE

Extra 300L (x5) Escuadrilla de Alta Acrobacia 'Halcones' Global Engagement F

C-130H Grupo de Aviacion No 10 Global Engagement SP

You may soon be needing these boys to help you and the old Vulcan!

Did you read the other day about the repeated claim on the Falklands(?oil again?) by the Argies.

Right I'm off to RIAT. Keep your eyes on here if you want to see a few (Hundred) piccy's

No I'm not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! .I just checked their website and it's been cancelled because of the rain. Very lucky I checked really!cos I would have been annoyed if I had gone 200 miles to find it cancelled when I got there.

Pi55ed me off no end seeing as last night at 11.00pm it was still on (According to their website) I am now going back to bed , to sulk all day .

All that preparation , the expence, lens £49 , tank of diesel £62, food and drink £5, tickets £50 ,wasted!! Well I'll get a refund on my tickets but I'm still £116 out of pocket.

Now I'm not after pity but when I only get a pitance in benefits ......it's just a shame we can't (With all the technology that we have) be able to do a bit of a longer range forcast. That way at least I wouldn't have had to pay for the food and deisel ,it has taken a long time to save and organise for this, and the more I type this the angrier I'm getting madashell

Just thought of more expence, SWMBO has had to take a day off work (Albeit a paid holiday) but it is still a holiday wasted

I still feel really sorry for all those people who don't have internet access to enable them to find out it was cancelled, cause as I said, it was still on when I went to bed .

Hi Beefsteak,

What can I say? just heard it on Lincs FM, should be able to get your ticket money back although thats not the point.

One thing for sure though, when you come over in a couple of weeks the weather won't spoil that day, thats all I can say

Rog

Many thanks for that little pick me up Rog

"The best laid plans of mice and men " eh .This was organized by yours truely with a little help from SWMBO, with military precision. But just like Hitler in WW2 the weather bogs you up!!!......LOL (not that I'm comparing SWMBO with Hitler) ..................more like Goebels!

(I'm calming down a bit now after I went back to bed for a couple of hours.)

Just found out that tommorows show is off too. I feel sorry for all the organisers it must have cost them a fortune