Can anyone reccommend any good removals for abroad - not pickfords thankyou. Also had a quote from Bonners..

I know this bloke who has a cart & horse....but I very much doubt if his horse or cart would float.

Bip.

How much are you shifting (My rates are very good)

According to quote from Bonner s 800 cubic feet... I have been brutal on a 4 bed house - only taking what I really want -practically given away husbands garage load of tools tee hee. Have yet to start on daughters junk.. Dearly love to get rid of tons of cuddly toys, shes having none of it.... Seriously are you a removals company or what?

I cannot speak for beefy but I beleive he was once removed.

Personally I did mine on me own with my lads help [he drove the horse & cart]

Bip.

Can anyone reccommend any good removals for abroad - not pickfords thankyou. Also had a quote from Bonners..

Before I moved I too had a quote from Pickfords and found them at least twice the price of many others thats why i settle on a horse & cart.

But joshing apart I hired a Van from Beeston Van Hire but I don't think they would let you take one of their vans abroad..I stand corrected if someone knows otherwise....

I have just thought of another way to transport goods abroad and that is by ship container.

My late wifes brother inlaw brought his Toyota 4x4 back from australia in one, he did say at the time that it wasn't expensive to ship.

Bip.

No not a haulage firm ; Just a bored unemployed former long distace lorry driver (I forgot for a minute that you are going to Dubai)

But if you hire a 7 1/2 truck (As long as you only have about 3 tonnes of gear) i can get it there fot you for a decent few days pay!!!!!!!

I've used these in the past to transport goods to Spain http://www.britannia-freight.co.uk/

Very reliable and reasonably priced I thought. Last consignment, 2 pallets and some boxes, £340 + vat.

Goods arrived as planned 3 days after collection.

No not a haulage firm ; Just a bored unemployed former long distace lorry driver (I forgot for a minute that you are going to Dubai)

But if you hire a 7 1/2 truck (As long as you only have about 3 tonnes of gear) i can get it there fot you for a decent few days pay!!!!!!!

Can I come too - Please - I'll buy the teas!

Can I come too - Please - I'll buy the teas!

Sorry folks, since decided to get rid of all furniture and take only persoal stuff -due to company providing fully furnished villa. Problem was would've had to store it somewhere over there indefinately!!!

Sorry folks, since decided to get rid of all furniture and take only persoal stuff -due to company providing fully furnished villa. Problem was would've had to store it somewhere over there indefinately!!!

Cor - There goes me cheap summer holiday! thumbsdown

So when's the bonfire party?

Bip.

Baggy your 44inch wide screen T.V. oh and that little thing on the mantlepiece that you keep the pens and things in (I'll give you £3 )

• 2 weeks later...

3 weeks left here. You wouldn't believe the quotes I've had - from £1.900 - £3.700. You can guess which I'm having... Worst is , husbands going in a week and its all left for me to deal with - flamin typical. Still at least I won't forget anything!!!!!!