A different "Raptor" for Plantfit

I was just taking 'high tea' on the lawn when this came over screeching away. The funny thing was I was about to post about this very large female 'Kestral' that I see around here occasionally and she pops up.

By the time I'd grabbed the camera she was a good way off but she still looked great

morenewlens083.jpg

morenewlens087.jpg

morenewlens085.jpg

morenewlens084.jpg

Love that distinctive silhouette.

I had one popped from a garden as I was driving my car yesterday. I was actually following it along as it flew at windscreen level!

Starting to see quite a few buzzards down at Lambley as well as as kestrels and sparrowhawks. It's so good to see them these days now they're not persecuted anymore.

Ayup Beefsteak,

Just love the Kestrel, there's one in the field at the back of our place but every time I see him/her the camera's in the house, there's a few raptors around here so I will try to get some pics

Stu, Buzzards are brilliant,I remember having to go all the way to North Wales to see one when I first started birding back in the 60s

Rog

I think i got him Rog

Kestrel.jpg

Poor little disorientated Kestrel (Who, glad to report is OK now)

Talking of Buzzards ,the first I saw was over the Purbeck hills (Dorset) in the early 70s (My dad was most impressed at my powers of obsevation , because he had never seen one either, now when you drive from here to the west country, they are like sparrows.

Beautiful bird to see , I get them over here on a regular basis. There is even one down near Stafford services on the M6 ,that I have seen , that has learnt how to hover ,Kestrel wise.!!!

I keep birds in Arnold,while feeding them the other day they all froze and some were looking up.I looked up and a buzzard was wheeling slowly in the sky more or less over the Travellers Rest. You wouldn't have seen that ten years ago.No shortage of rabbits round there for them.

Paul.