pete..i remember the sundays at the beachcomber..and going round to the broadway for a snog!.......on pilcher gate there was a late cafe called the belvedere....can anyone remember that.....the dungeon was easier to get into because there was no bar ( i think) happy days in the life of a mod...................

• Replies 734
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They have just arrived and I am like a kid in a sweet shop ripping them open ,Cheers Pete (Heres to many happy hours anoying my neighbour.)

Ian S............... Riding the volume all the way up!!

That was quick delivery for 2nd class Ian...pleased they got to you..were they all still in one piece?..let me know what you think to them..good or bad.

pete c....still riding a vespa

pete..i remember the sundays at the beachcomber..and going round to the broadway for a snog!.......on pilcher gate there was a late cafe called the belvedere....can anyone remember that.....the dungeon was easier to get into because there was no bar ( i think) happy days in the life of a mod...................

That's right bar at the Beachcomber but not at the Dungeon..no wonder they wouldn't let me in!!...how old were you in those days hippo girl?...and why are you called that, did you used to go down the Hippo?...ever go to the Boat Clubs?..as you said..happy days..how did we all get so old!!!

Played the first "Dungeon Club" and yes they all arrived in good condition thank you very much.

pete use to go brit on a friday, boat or union sunday...worked in the hippo in 1971 when i was a student....never ask a lady her age but i bet you can guess!!!!!

Twenty one!!!

Pete Springfellow!!...I take it you mean Pete Stringfellow...don't remember him at the Brit but do remember him at the Dungeon used to come down from the Mojo in Sheffield..to be honest I didn't like him..maybe others did..did you?....I was a dj at the Boat for a short time late 69...(went off to fight for Queen & Country in Jan 1970!!) had some great nights down there and when I came back home on weekend leave would often go back down and help out on the cloakroom..got me in free and a few free beers too!!

Never liked the Union..but at least there was plenty of choice on Trentside..my last visit to the Boat would have been in 1971 just before going off to Germany.

use to go to mojo alot, didn't rate pete stringfellow much( use to give me a lift home) many years later went to Stringfellows in London and chatted to him about nottingham , the mojo and millionaires club in Manchester..all good memories..where has the time gone..still enjoy the Nottingham music scene..wish i was 21 again..would still make the same mistakes!

I'm impressed a lift home by Mr Stringfellow eh...I hope he behaved like a Gentleman!!!!....think we would all like to be 21 again hippo girl.

The last time I went down any clubs in Nottingham was in the late 70's early 80's..the Arriba and Camalot.

Do you know when the Dungeon actually closed..I know it became the Big Apple and then the Eight till Late..was it anything after that..does anyone on here know?...met my first wife at the Eight till Late..wish I'd gone somewhere different that night!!!

I seem to remember there was one more after that period Pete........hmm..............anyone confirm/deny this?

Oh Pete, did you see my post about getting the Crossed Keys" cd's? Cheers, Craig

I seem to remember there was one more after that period Pete........hmm..............anyone confirm/deny this?

Oh Pete, did you see my post about getting the Crossed Keys" cd's? Cheers, Craig

Craig I replied to you about the cd's at the top of page 7..be a pleasure do them for you..need to know if you want me to post them or meet up..just let me know and I can sort something out mate.

Mario's!..I remember the name now..thanks for that..and NO i didn't go there!!!...Venus doesn't ring any bells though...so after that did it close down as a club sometime in the 80's..did Mick Parker have anything to do with these clubs?..anyone know?..pity some local writer couldn't do a history of clubs in Nottingham.

For anyone who's interested I recorded a program on BBC1 from October 2006 called Inside Out with John Holmes of Radio Nottingham and Mod Crop author Alan Fletcher..looking at the links between the film Quadrophenia and the local 60's Nottingham mod scene..some filming took place outside the old Dungeon Club on Stanford Street and some at Skegness..plus loads of scoots..I originally recorded this on video but have managed to copy it to dvd..so if anyone wants a copy I can do one for you....free...just let me know if you want one.

Do you have the ability to download it to tinternet? If it's copyrite then I didn't say that O.K.

Hi mate..not sure if it's copyright or not..wouldn't think so..and thicko me doesn't know how to put it on the net anyway, but it's no problem for me to stick a disc in an envelope and mail it to you...how you getting on with the cd's?

great mate , only played two so far, been a bit busy today

Craig I replied to you about the cd's at the top of page 7..be a pleasure do them for you..need to know if you want me to post them or meet up..just let me know and I can sort something out mate.

Sorry Pete, I missed your post! All of the cd's would be gratefully received! Plus If you want to meet up, that would be good! Whens convenient for you? If you like, what about meeting at The Castle Lower Parliament next Wednesday, after I finish my stint next door at 10 pm, or is that too late?

WUD LOVE A COPY PETE....

You will have to message me with an address to post one to you hippo girl...that's if you are ok with that..cos you don't know me and I could be a stalker or something!!...I'm not....anyway let me know and I will sort one out...by the way it's not dvd quality just video quality but it's ok and well worth watching

Hi Craig..next Wednesday's no good for me I'm already going out..I work 4 shifts on and 4 off..I'm at work now!!..and no I'm not a security guard!!...at work again tonight (Sunday)..off Monday until next Friday night..might be easier if I just mail them to you...they got to Beefsteak alright and only took two days...let me know mate.

pete c....still riding that bloody vespa