Name The 1959 Series...

B) Do you remember this 1959 TV series this actor played in...He took the lead role...Name him and the series....

B) His career took a unforseen turn for the worst later in the 60s can you name that series and how many episodes he appeared in...

post-13-1108320976_thumb.jpg

B) Do you remember this 1959 TV series this actor played in...He took the lead role...Name him and the series....

B) His career took a unforseen turn for the worst later in the 60s can you name that series and how many episodes he appeared in...

this is an old one bip! .. I vaguely remembered his face, and doing a search came up with Chief Inspector Derek..

but can't find much on his biography though, so I'll have to search deeper!

I'll be back! :)

ilko..

Didn't Len get trampled to death by a rampant elephant in that TV series set in Africa? ;)

I seem to recall they got shut of him for some reason or another.. not exactly sure which show it was though! :blink:

ilko..

DAKTARI!

daktari.jpg LINK

daktari2.jpg

mick2me Posted on Feb 13 2005, 09:14 PM

DAKTARI!

:rolleyes: No Mick not Daktari but on the right continent.

:D Ilko your right with Derek but what was his christian name in the series ?

B) Also i want to know his real name....and the series he played in after that aswell as how many episodes he appeared in...

:ph34r: I gave you a vague clue in my first posting to what series he appeared in after that one....here's another Election Day and a picture clue..

post-13-1108373865_thumb.jpg

after policing the African jungle, he changed his name to Mortimer and went to work in a motel, where he clocked on for 39 shifts, . but alas fate took a turn for the worse as he was to be kidnapped by a gang of international terrorists and later died of a heart attack. :(

all was not lost though, as in 1990 he found work in a film called 'the chair'... and according to the description of the film it don't sound arf bad! ... but yer never know! ;)

post-25-1108397420.gif

post-13-1108399462_thumb.png

B) Thanks Ilko i think you have given me the right answers, you put it so discretley.... don't give up the rest of you, i'm waiting.....Here's another clue if you didn't quit understand what Ilko said...like me... :D

B) The series he went to after Policing the African jungle has a Nottingham conection....at Lenton...Ooooops i might have giving it away..o well....

post-13-1108414661_thumb.jpg

:o Well done everybody we got there in the end..

B) Yes African Patrol......

B) Yes John Bentley as Patrol Inspector Paul Derek.......

B) Yes Crossroads...last series made here in Lenton Nottingham.....

:D He was in 39 episodes.....

post-13-1108492443_thumb.jpg

;) Hello Caz You've changed your hair stye, Nice......... :wub:

:P Yes Caz, Huge Mortimer was played by John Bentley.....

Here's one of Micks little corners to turn in a quiz, what were the first immortal words to be spoken (which rank up there with "to be or not to be" in terms of literary importance). They were said by Meg's daughter, Jill, and was just about the only sensible thing she ever said! :blink:

post-13-1108546625_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

:) Nearly bamber. "Crossroads Hotel. Can i help you?". Here's another corner to turn around. Can you tell me what the original title of the series was going to be, before ATV changed it to Crossroads....

PS. sorry for the delay on this topic just came across it while browsing

post-13-1112097045_thumb.jpg

BUMP

I think it was going to be called The Midlands Road??