OK all this talk about eateries that serve hot food takes me back to when the Missus and me lived in Bathurst NSW.

She'd cooked us a Chilli, I like hot foods as a norm!

Anyhoosely, I was getting into this chilli, then downing half a cold tinnie.. Pheeeewww, this was hot, hotter than molten lava! I kept a brave face, swallowed another half aof a cold tinnie!

The Missus said, wow this is too hot for me, I said Nahhh, mediocre, get it down yers! She eventually pushed the dish away as it was too hot for her, I braved on until enough was enough, steam was coming out my ears! Where's a cold tinnie?? no make that two!

Now, normally we'd freeze the leftovers in the pan, but this was just a wee tad too hot even for leftovers, so the Missus decided to give the two dogs a treat!! God, I had to go out and see this!

She'd put the food in their dishes and said OK, the dogs walked over, sniffed the contents of their dishes, looked up at us both then took a lick! We were laughing at them, I watched our smaller dog, he took one mouthful, swallowed, then started taking breaths through his mouth! this went on until all the chilli was gone, our guts were aching with laughing, we still giggle over that meal!

I used to have a budgie that liked chilli too Beefy!

Funny you should mention John that your two dogs ate curry because mine does too.

I wouldn’t say the curries I make are the standard of yours but he does have a go at my efforts.

There was a time when he would back away from one but not now, even though he struggles with some of the curries I make it’s going to be a cold night in paradise if he doesn’t finish one..

Bip.

Chilli Den, not curry!!! Dogs are like rats, eat owt! That budgie we had liked wine, beer was his favourite, and if he was out when we had Sunday dinner, we had to be careful he didn't have a gravy bath!! He'd jump in a wine glass for a wine bath though!! He was a bu99er at times. Miss the old so and so these days.

My mistake again John.............................doh!

tell you what he does like and it keeps him busy and quite for hours...a pigs foot, twenty pence from most butchers and worth every penny..

Bip.

One of my dogs likes digging moles up!!

I had one we inherited when we lived in California, it used to bring home parts of dead deer carcasses!! He hated Racoons and Skunks! He often came home stinking of skunk perfume!

Talking of silly Budgies

I was in Bali in 1990 and there was an Aussie busker type bloke at Kutar Beach with several trained native Australian birds , the cockatoo was riding a bike, the Kookaburra was flying round like a trained bird of prey taking food from peoples hands etc All the time the Busker was sat at a dining room table ,set out as if for dinner, for some reason. when the piece de resistance was produced , a talking Budgie, Now if the busker was a ventriloquist he was good ,because this Budgie was holding a conversation with the owner ,it went something like this :- a lady from the crowd is called forward

Busker, " Do you like cocky lady " Fnarr!! Fnarr!!! from the crowd ,but that was alledgedly the Budgies name!! (Only In Australia I know)

" I think he is very pretty " she replies

" Mind your own business" says the bird

" Don't be rude to the nice lady"

" Knickers, "

" Now say sorry ,and you can do a dance as way of appology"

The Budgie then puts its head under its wing and says

"But you know I'm shy!"

" Now come on, or else your on the barbie!!"

At this point the Budgie hops from foot to foot a few times whilst the busker taps out a rythym on the table. When he's finished the Budgie looks at the lady and says "There I hope your happy now"

There then follows a large round of applause and the Budgie starts bowing very quickly , it then procedes to walk around the condiments on the table looking at each one and (Supposedly ) tasting each one. He then gets to the mustard and goes " Thats Bloody hot Thats Bloody hot" to a raptuouse applause and much digging deep into pockets as a Sulpher Crested Cockatoo walked round with the hat in its beak!!

Probably a ventriloquist Ian. The one we had we found while out riding our bikes. We did try and find it's owner, but alas they never claimed him. He was a talker when we found him, finger tame etc etc. He'd sit on my shoulder and if I ignored him, he'd bite my ear! I used to shove him into my breast pocket of my shirt and he never batted a feather! I have never had a bird that was so tame.

Oh John you've ruined the illusion!!!!!!!!!!!!

As I said if he was a vent he was very good