Railway walks with Julia bradbury.

Ayup Rob,Funny you should talk of cab ride DVD/Video, I have just finished watching 2 of them, the new 225 King cross/ Waverly street, and a Deltic cab ride on the same route...

Rog,

Is that the Video 125 'Flying Scotsman' two-parter?...if so, it is excellent.

I'd be interested to know the detail of Deltic ride...can't quite place it.

I'm currently enjoying the Video 125 'Lickey Voyager' Bristol-Derby Pendolino...amazing how the northern exit from Birmingham New Street is so slow and complex!

Owned around 40 cab rides on VHS and DVD over the years...have enjoyed them all immensely, and also managed to almost get my money back, via eBay. Somewhat surprising how popular they are...

Cheers

Robt P.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ayup Rob,

Deltic cab ride is a Wired for sound dvd called "All the way with Royal scots grey" The year was 98 I think (same day as Princess Di's funeral) not sure how to copy it but have a mate who know's so bear with me

Rog

Yes...thanks. I can place it now, I've seen it.

IIRC, it came in a sub-series with RSG also between Birmingham and Kensington Olympia, via the ECML...then Part II, onward to the south coast...possibly Bournemouth?

Perhaps the best I've seen was an early Railscene VHS ride which featured an 86, throughout from Euston to Liverpool.

Excellent filming in sunny weather, enhanced by a superb off-the-cuff commentary from an onboard footplate inspector.

Bought it new for £10 and, because of it's later known quality and rarity by the collectors, sold it for £42!

Cheers

Robt P.

Just got the Kings X to Waverley one but as you say a cracking dvd, also got Deltic power 3 all different Deltics running on some rare rails and routes, I'll have to get them over to you, after all I'm only down the road between Newark and Lincoln

Rog

Filming the driver's view of a rail journey, from the front of his train...

Here is the link to a company which produce them in volume, using top grade equipment and 'celebrity' voice-overs:

http://www.video125.co.uk/acatalog/Catalog...ye_Views_8.html

Cheers

Robt P.

Rog,

Whilst I'd be delighted to meet you...I've seen these cabrides...still retaining the KX-Waverley double DVD.

Last week I eventually abouttime managed to get some wheels - a low milege Daewoo Leganza...

'Street Cred' 2/100...don't give a farook !yada!

Remembering our earlier PM's, let me suggest I'll drive over to see you at either the Waddington or Coningsby viewing compounds, then we can adjourn for some lunch.

I'll PM you with some possible projected dates...reckon I've got more empty time than thee!

Cheers

Robt P.

Ayup Rob,

I still have some holidays to get in before Christmas or else I will lose them, looking at a week towards end of Nov and about the same for December. Looking forward to it already

Rog

If you're going to have (Barsterds) a meetup (Barsterds) without me (Barsterds) don't forget the new arrivals (Barsterds) coming in at (Barsterds ) Conningsby over the next few (Barsterds) Days/weeks , and don't forget dinner in the "Blue Bell" (Barsterds)

I'd be delighted if you could join us...no need to sulk.

Assumed you'd be running up and down Perranporth beach, dressed just in a jock strap...

I'll PM you with my copy letter to Rog, suggesting arrangements.

Cheers

Robt P.

Got it and replied cheers!!

P.S. just the thought of me in a jock strap, is enough to put me off my dinner!!!

Ayup Beefsteak,

I would be most delighted if you could join us, similar format to our famous visit to bomber county but allowing for daylight hours might have to skip a bit, still looking for the new arrivals at Waddo and as yet no joy, however there is plenty of temp accommodation gone up on the airfield for this weekend so there must be sommat on, I did spot what looked like a Tornado in cammo colours near to the A15 yesterday all covered over but not had chance to take a pic yet, not heard owt about 29 sqdn arriving back from Saudi on Friday either, I will ask me mate who lives at Coningsby for info on that one, BTW I quite fancy that Lincolnshire ham and eggs in the Blue Bell again how about you?

Rog

Spot on there Rog old mate.. I just have to see if SWMBO can get the day off (For the kids)