Can I draw a 'dough-nut' shape ?

I want to draw a dough-nut shape (I cud a put that in the title,,,,)

I want to make a Light Ring for photographic use. I want to try to make a Ring to put LEDs onto.

My original plan was to just put LEDs round a flat ring (not a disc - i want to point the camera through the centre), with LEDs facing forward. Great for some shots,,,, maybe not for Super Duper Macro's.

My next plan (!) is to put LEDs on the inner face of the dough-nut shaped ring.

Am trying to draw a picture of a square section ring, at about 3/4 profile, to send to a mate.

I have WORD 2002. I have QUARK v 7.2.

Does anyone know if I can draw such a thing with what I got ? (i'd draw a picture to show you what I mean,,,, oooops,,,, I can't !

cheers

Baz

In Word, Just move your mouse up to the top task bar and then right click. On the drop down list click - drawing.

On the new taskbar that appears, click on the circle and then, holding down ctrl click in the space and drag the circle out to what ever size you want. Now repeat this and form another circle.

Now drag the smaller one into the larger one and you have your doughnut.

Simple.

,,,, simple I may be,,,,, so it dosn't help !!!! lol

If I am following your gist, it does give me a 2D effect,,,, whereas I needed a 3D effect, as I wanted to draw on the inner surface.

I think a 3D dough-nut is called a TORUS,,,,,, which is great (3D an'all) but it's round section,,,, I want square/box section.

cheers Frank

thanks mick,,,

as above, I wanted a Square section (had no idea what they're called),,,,

would have preferred to draw my own,,,, but have come across this.

It'll suit my purpose I s'pose,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

TorusSquare.jpg

Talking of Roger Moore,,,,, he used to rent a bungalow at Burton Joyce,,,, to do writing I was told.

We had the job of putting a glass 'fence' around the swimming pool,,,, he was such a nice man,,,, brought us tea & biscuits etc (& a couple of occasions something stronger at knock-off time).

Have never met him since,,,, but still seems a nice bloke,,,,,,,

We were always led to believe he lived on Beeston Fields Drive (60's) but I never saw him.......

This was also 60's,,,, '64 - 67' ish,,,,, so might make sense I s'pose.

Many years ago, I was told several times that I reminded people of him,,,,,, must have ben the wayward eyebrow !