Maybe not quite such a nice boy after all?

The Brendon Lawrence murder trial has revealed that his twin brother was a drug dealer and that he was in a car picking-up drugs at the time of his death.

Back in 2002 his grieving mother said:

“It fills me with despair,” said Janice Collins, who has helped lead campaigns against gun crime in the city after her 16-year-old son Brendon Lawrence was shot several times while sitting in a car in St Ann’s in February 2002. “Brendon was not involved with drugs. "

It's strange how so may of these murder victims are model pupils and "dead certs" (excuse the pun) to become brain surgeons, but just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

And if Brendon Lawrence was involved in drug dealing should we have a St Ann's sports hall named in his honour?

• 2 weeks later...

Liam Munn was killed outside a night club a few days ago and the Evening Post has done its usual hagiography on the deceased.

Bent Society Blog

A Nottingham-based blog puts quite another gloss on his death and claims that his shrine is little more than an advert for gang culture.

I wonder, was Liam yet another who was not quite such a nice boy?

I like this comment posted by - I don't know who.

Gang culture or youth culture - which is it? Youth gangs that deal drugs use the same pathetic infantile Jamaican "soldier" crap to refer to their members.

It's either gangsterism or wanksterism - who bloody well cares as both are part of the same sikko , thick, demanding, whining, drivelling "demanding respect while giving none back" moronic problem.

p.s.

I had to correct the spelling.