Cheapest way to visit Switzerland ?

Hi folks,

Been away from forum for a while,,,, so am enjoying going back over the few weeks writings,,,,,

A few questions here -->

1/ My Adult Son & I want to make a flying visit to Switzerland,,,, 2 or 3 days only, in the week. Not to worried about times and dates,,,, more concerned about costs.

a) what's the cheapest airport to fly to (bearing in mind travel costs to'n'from airport /town) ?

b) whats's the cheapest way to 'lodge' for a few days ? Obviously don't want anything too posh (this time anyway). Self catering I s'pose,,, if we can get something for a couple of days. If not - what else do they have out there ?

c) what can I expect to pay to hire a car ?

Seems a bit daft - it'l cost me as much to fly internal Britain (Cornwall to 'wherever') than it does to go halfway around the world ! Mind you - tis still cheaper than flying myself !!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2/ I've not had a Bygones for a couple of years now,,,,,,, (family problems) do we buy them separately, or are they something to do with the 'Post' ? How do I get them sent to Cornwall - do they send them out ? Anyone have a link so that I can look into it please ?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I bought the Alan Dance books over christmas & read the Chilwell Ghost. A good yarn,,,, but IMO still no real answer.

A bit late, but -

Hope you all had a great Xmas & New Year

BAZ

Hi bazzer. Nice to see you back. Hope you got my message ok. The bygones is seperate to the evening post and i think it comes out once a month. It varies from month to month about different areas tho so depends what areas you are looking for then i could send you a copy if you give me your address. Chrissy. x

Chrissy:

Yep - got ya message - ta,,,, & thanks for your wishes.

Bygones: I didn't realise it came out monthly,,, for some reason I thought it was quarterly. Prefer Carlton/Gedling/Netherfield area,,,, but Sneinton would be good also. After that - almost any area. I didn't realise that I'd forgotten so much. Mind you - I left in 1970,,,, so what a lot of you class as 'History' was after I left !

I'll PM my address - & please put yours so that I can reimburse costs & postage etc.

Mick:

Cheers mate. I have been searching google etc,,,,, but as usual what starts out as a bargain, tends to add up 'stealth-like'. Some years ago, there used to be a couple of sites that had it all worked out (or would work it out for you). You just put in 'a' & 'b' & they would do the donkey work. There dosn't seem to be the same sites around any more.

Will certainly look at Auto-Europe

{{just to make some of you drool, last year there were cruises around the Caribbean islands. As you slept at night on the ship, it cruised to the next island, so every day was a different location Cost = £9 per night}}

thanks for your help.