Did you watch the Motown Tour on BBC 2 - 20/07

Gave up Corrie tonight to watch BBC2 Motown Tour - who watched it? I play the music but looking at it brought it all back. In Spain at the moment so don't have all the "records" here but went and had a look at what we have got. Not too bad a collection here - listening to Sherry Baby FV and the 4 seasons at the moment. Found these in the cupboard.

My favourite - Hipsters, Flipsters, Finger-Poppin Daddies by Geno Washington and the Ram Jam Band

K-tel presents - Frankie Valli and the 4 Seasons

Tamla Motown - British Motown Chartbusters

Coral - Buddy Hollys Greatest Hits

Atlantic - The Great Otis Redding Sings Soul Ballards

Volt - History Of Otis Redding

Tamla Motown - the temptations - Greatest Hits

Tamla Morown - Marvin Gaye - How Sweet It Is

Only 13/11 pence - Soul Hits - MFP

Gene Vincent Rocks - the whole collection.

There are loads back in Nottingham.

Also found Little Jimmy Osmond and Lena Zavarooni which were our sons favourites which he would be ashamed of now

We went to the Theatre Royal whilst back in the UK to see Mod Crop along with others from the Dungeon and the Mini Boys (my OH was one of them) and had a good re-union. I was in the book Brummell's Last Rift but did not like the clothes I was supposed to have worn - but that was how Alan Fletcher must have remembered us. (no round tables in the Brief in Skeggy either)!!!

Talking about the Brief in Skeggy - my mate in Skeggy was Graham Bonnett who became the lead singer in Rainbow.

He was a butcher in Dewhursts and we used to have a right laugh going out and about it Skeg and my claim to fame is that I found a tenner on the floor in the toilets near to Hildreds Hotel and gave it to him to hire a van to take his band to Notts (a tenner in the 60's was worth loads) and off we went to the Dungeon.

No he did not give it back to me after he made loads but whatever - I don't need it either.

Dobby

I don't share this Forums over enthusiasm for Tamla Motown or Mods and the Dungeon Club in general, but thats by the by.

I noticed that you had a fondness for Geno Washington and the Ram Jam Band, me too at the time, they were such a good live act.

A couple of weeks ago, my 15 year old announced he was going to a free festival being held in the park in the next town, Kelvedon in Essex. I didn't take a lot of notice at the time, thinking it would be just a load of thrash metal bands that he's into. Imagine my surprise at finding that the headline act was Geno Washington and the Ram Jam Band, of course I volunteered to pick him up as an excuse to see them, unfortunately I missed out because the event clashed with the airshow at Flying Legends which I went to instead.

Of course, our sad youth couldn't be bothered to hang around to watch Geno despite my enthusiastic description, so I don't know what the performance was like.

I gather that Geno appeared because his route into the UK was as a serviceman at our former local USAF base at Wethersfield, just up the road. He came over here and subsequently stayed on in this country, by coincidence, the lovely big black American guy who runs the meat counter at our local Sainsburies came via the same route, when I go up later, I'll ask him if he knew Geno, they could be of a similar age, I wouldn't be surprised if he had been in the band.