Local councils AGAIN!!!

As you all know , my house is on the market , and first impressions are everything when selling (Or buying) any thing. Any way, a good few weeks ago I noticed , straight outside my drive , a couple of potholes appearing, I left them alone , didn't say anything , and left the council to go about their business, (oh silly me) after a few more weeks nothing had been done so I decided to give them a ring and inform the "Highways agency" of the problems, (Because on closer inspection , said holes were getting bigger, and there were more appearing up and down our crescent)

The fellow at the other end was most concerned, asking for rough measurements etc, and assuring me that........................

"Potholes are a great concern to us , as they could cause accidents etc by fetching people off of motor bikes etc ,,,,,,,,yadder yadder yadder....somebody will be out to inspect them sometime this afternoon, they will be filled within a week and if you haven't got satisfaction in this timescale please feel free to let me know, and thank you for your vigilance etc etc etc"

I left it with him confident and assured that my little problem would soon be solved, (Oh silly me again) Anyway, suffice to say , somebody came out in his little white van later that day, as promised, and painted some white lines around and highlighting said offensive holes.

That was over a month ago,,,,,,,,,,, a fortnight back I rang again informing some no necked 16 year old of the state of affairs, to be told (Very apologetically mind) 'that it was their up most concern that potholes are filled in straight away as they could fetch people off of motor bikes etc' (Ever had Deja vu)

He could not understand why they had not been filled and assured me they would be treated with the up most urgency!! and would ring me later to let me know why they had not been sorted.

Needless to say, nothing happened, so yesterday I took it upon my self to ring them again,,,, Yup same story , potholes are our greatest concern as they could fetch people off of .....you get the picture. "I assure you the problem will be remedied later today"

I look out the window no more than an hour later, to see a white van out there, and a man in his 'day glow jacket' sorting things out (Putting up divertion signs etc) thus I am expecting to see "Mr Council's" big yellow lorry any second to fill in the little blighters, didn't even notice them going but I walked out to admire their handy work about an hour later, to be greated with this..............

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

September2009051.jpg

September2009053.jpg

Oh yes, closed the road for an hour whilst he replaced the F***ing white lines around the potholes !!!!!!

Is it me ??????

englandflag.gif

You have my sympathy. Have you noticed that they always re-surface minor country roads with little traffic when the weathers hot and the tar won't set. When we went swimming at Tollesbury a few weeks ago they had resurfaced the road. Now, this is a dead end road to a small village with very little traffic, the section of road that they hadn't got round to doing but were all ready to pile into was perfectly OK, no potholes or surface wear at all, but no doubt it was down in the jobsworths books to be done and that was that, what a waste of public money.

Dont mention the s###in council to me. Thanx to their brilliant idea to start charging for the car parks takings have gone down over 20 per cent in the shop where i work and my hours have been cut and if it gets any worse they might end up closing altogether and i will be out of a job! The cafe in carlton square is closing this week (just the first of many i think )

How are they prosecuting that Chrissy? Pay and display or is it barrier and ticket.??

Not that I get to Carlton Square too often , but it would be nice to think that if I wanted to stop for a butty I wouldn't have to pay for parking on top!!

On a footnote , it's one of my bug bears, in that (some places in Cornwall charge you to park to use their facilities!!! this includes Newquay swimming pool and The zoo too. It ain't cheap either , £5 for all day or £3 for half.

Could you imagine going into a pub "Pint of your finest foaming please Landlord"

"Certainly sir , that'll be £6 please"

"Eh!!"

"£2.50 for the beer and £3.50 for using my car park!!"

Wouldn't work would it?? Well I don't think it would catch on any way!!!

rotfl.gif