Who's This Little Boxer ?

Hmmmm :huh:

The stye of artwork is familiar. I think we might know the artist too.

Was he a regular contributor to a national newspaper.

B)[ Benjie ] near enough [ Bengo the boxer puppy.

B) Ok we have named the little chap but who was his mate ?

B) Yep mick the artist did do some work for a national newspaper, what was his name ?

:ph34r: Come on everybody it's just for fun..

post-25-1111839602_thumb.jpg

B) I see you have done your home work and that web site is where i got my information from. That's all very well but you haven't answered all what i asked for, what was his friends name..?

:D Heres another corner to turn mick.... There is a Statue in the Saint Louis zoo by the said artist can you name the animal depicted and who donated in to the zoo...if that don't get you scratching your head nowt will...

Yes- I did come across this in my search earlier...

Title: Lowland Gorilla, 1980s

Artist: William Timyn

Artist Bio: born: England

Medium: Bronze

Dimensions: 5'H, 5' W, 3' D

Location: Saint Louis Zoo - at the entrance to Jungle of the Apes

090t.jpg Public Art in Forest Park Saint Louis

:o I shall have to do some more research because the lowland Gorilla wasn't the animal that i was thinking about, he must have been a busy chap that Tim....

B) I have checked that web site and the animal i was talking about comes first before the Gorilla...

B) Going back to the original post you have not mentioned his friends name [ Bengo ]

• 8 months later...

Which of his friends do you mean? The Dalmation called Simon, the kitten called Mitzi or the Chihuaha called Pepi? There was, of course, the Afghan, but I cannot remember the name. The cartoon was something to do with Sylvia Peters, she was one of the first announcers to start broadcasting on the BEEB. Somebody of the same era was Annette Mills, she used to have Muffin the mule dancing on her piano...

Now who's showing their age, mind you I did watch the Coronation on the tele' with a few of the neighbours as we had one of the three televisions in the area. I can also remember the Queen traveling the length of Aspley Lane after the coronation and the street parties that followed. I was almost nine. Many moons ago...

A unionflag